CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

It had been hard over the last couple days, for all of them

It had been hard over the last couple days, for all of them. Losing Allison had taken its toll on all of them, in all different ways. No one had seen Scott for a couple days after it had all ended, Lydia hadn't spoken to anyone either, she had lost both her best friend and the boy she loved. Stiles and his father were still trying to move past everything that had happened and the trauma that had been caused. Kira was unsure of how to approach any of them anymore but she knew they needed time.

Venus hadn't been as close to Allison as the rest of her friend but she still mourned, the huntress was there to save her that night. The girl had felt somewhat guilty for that night, for if she hadn't been taken no one would've had to have been there that night and Allison might've been alive right now. She learned to let go of that feeling though after a long talk with her father about the universe always had a plan.

The girl was home alone a few nights after it was all over, watching TV when a knock sounded through the house, scaring her since she wasn't expecting anyone. Grabbing one of her daggers off the side table, she pulls open her front door, she finds Isaac waiting on her porch with what seemed to be all his stuff packed in bags.

"You planning a trip?" she laughs, letting him into her house, placing the dagger down.

Isaac laughs, closing the front door behind him. "Something like that. Can I ask you a favor?"

"Of course. What's wrong?"

"I'm going away for a few days with Argent." he explains. "We're gonna find a place to ditch the box, if I come back, could I stay with you guys?"

"If you come back? What do you mean if?"

"I don't know if I wanna come back. I've just lost so much here, I feel like if I stay i'll just keep losing more."

"I get that, I think." she gives in a small smile, throwing her arms around him and pulling him close. "Well, if you do decide to come back, I'll have the guest room ready for you to move in."

Isaac pulls back, thanking her before she speaks again. "Can I ask why? You seemed happy living with Scott."

"I don't mean to offend you, I really you don't." the boy assures, scratching the back of his neck. "I overheard Melissa and Scoot talking about bills and how they were struggling and I kind of just felt like a burden. And your house has always felt like a home to me more than anywhere else, you know after my brother and all that."

"Come home soon Ziky." Her smile widens this time at his confession, the two of them laughing at the nickname she had given him when they were younger.

"Don't start with me, Vivi."

The two of them share another right hug before she walks him out, standing on the porch as the boy gets into what looked to be Allisons car and driving off. She stands for a minute, leaning against one of the pillars as she watches him drive off. Completely oblivious to the boy watching her from across the street with admiring eyes. Venus was about to turn back and head inside when she catches his eye.

"Hey stalker!" she calls out, laughing a little when the boy jumps at her voice. "What are you doing?"

"I was taking out the trash." the boy explains, clasping his hands together in front of him.

The girl smiles to herself at his reaction. "Right. Well, you have fun with that."

"Is your dad not home yet?"

"Do I really wanna yell out the answer to that for the whole neighborhood to hear?"

The pale boy laughs, giving her a confident no before telling her to come over, to which she complies. They were once again stood in his kitchen as he heated up some leftover pizza for them.

"How're you feeling?" Venus asks, taking her plate from his hands.

"Better, I think." he admits. "Haven't had any blackouts nor have I sleepwalked in the past few days. I guess I just got used to being trapped in my own head."

She offers him a sympathetic smile, placing her hand on his arm. "It's over now, though. He can't hurt you anymore."

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks to you and Scott. It's becoming a habit, you know."

"What is?"

"You saving this family frame peril." he speaks sarcastically.

"As I've told you many times before Stilinski, it's my job."

"Your jobs pretty awesome."

"Thank you."

The two of them sit in silence while they ate, enjoying how comfortable the felt around each other. After they finished, they repeated the same actions from when she came over for dinner, she washed and he dried.

"You remember what you said that night, at the party?" Stiles asks as he dried his hands, giving her his back.

Venus chokes on her spit at the question, knowing exactly what he was talking about. "Uh, I said a lot of things that night. I was pretty out of it."

"Yeah you were." the boy laughs, remembering how she was acting. "But I mean when you were telling me about the phosphors and uh, you, um-"

"Yes, Stiles. I remember."

"Well, that's what I want to talk about."

An awkward silence consumes them for a couple minutes as they both look at anything but each other, each of them trying to think of something to say.

Venus decides to break the silence herself, taking a deep breath. "And say what?"

He meets her gaze for a few seconds, seemingly bracing himself for the conversation. "I wanted to tell you, you were right."

"What?" she speaks quietly, not wanting to disturb the silence too much.

Stiles takes a step towards her, taking in a sharp breath. "When you told me that neither of us wanted this any less when we're sober. You were right. I would even say I want it more."

Venus' breath catches in her throat as he looks into her shining blue eyes, trying to gauge what she was feeling right now. He couldn't pinpoint it exactly, since her face was blank, causing the boy to start to rant and back away from her.

"If you've changed your mind that's okay. It was uh- I probably shouldn't have even- You know-"

"Stiles." she whispers, moving even closer to him when he hums in response. "Stop rambling."

Venus pushes herself upwards, her hands going around his neck as she connects their lips. Stiles stands stiff for a second, seemingly unsure of what was happening before it finally registers that she was kissing him. He places his hands on her waist, somehow pulling her closer to him, their lips moving in sync. It was over a lot sooner than either of them wanted to be, but they had to come up for air at some point. They keep each other close, their foreheads resting against one another.

"I thought you were taller." he mumbles, moving back a little to look at her but not far enough to break their contact.

"I'm literally 5'7, what more do you want?" Venus laughs, he couldn't help but admire the way her nose crinkled a little when she did or how her eyes seemed brighter in that moment. Stiles moves a hand up from her waist, pushing her hair back behind her ear and resting it on cheek, pulling her in closer for another kiss.