CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Venus had a long conversation with her father upon returning home after that night at Scotts house. Allison and her father had learned that the strange entities were called the Oni and they were simply searching for a dark spirit that had possessed someone around them.

Alexander had informed his daughter that he knew almost nothing about them but assured her he was around to help if they needed it. So over the last couple days, she had continued reading the book she found in her fathers study, which he explained her mother had left for when she turned eighteen.

Unbeknownst to her, there were reasons why her father had kept the book a secret. Reasons that he wasn't sure he could ever bring himself to tell her.

Which leads to now, it was the middle of the night and Venus was sat on her front porch, reading on plant manipulation. She had wanted to try to practice what she had been reading on, prompting her to move outside a few minutes ago to try it herself. The brunette was seated on the bottom step of their porch, staring intently at the grass and trying to make it grow.

She had always wondered how her mother had kept her garden so full and green, now she knew the truth behind it, which made it kind of funny to her in a way. So far, Venus had managed to make the grass twist and bend but not grow, which was still progress. Her actions were quickly halted however at the sound of a certain motor bike coming down their street.

Across from her house, Isaac had noticed the girl seated outside, who was now looking at them intently. "What are you doing outside?" Isaac calls from across the street, making the girl instantly shush him as she ran across to meet them.

"What are you guys doing here? It's the middle of the night." she asks, clearly worried that something was wrong, and her suspicions were quickly proven to be true.

"Stiles is missing." the taller boy replied, gaining a small nudge from Scott.

"Missing? What do you mean?"

"He called me a few minutes ago, he doesn't know where he is." Scott sighs as the three of them make their way inside the house.

"And you didn't think to tell anyone else?" she whisper yelled, feeling like she could disturb someone even though the house was empty.

     "I'm sorry! I promised Stiles that I wouldn't- How did you know? Did he call you too?" Scott cuts himself off as they find Lydia and Aiden stood in the middle of the boys room. But what caught Venus' attention was his detective board and the strings now attached to middle of his bed with scissors.

"He only uses red for unsolved cases." Venus speaks lowly, moving closer to the strings.

"Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?" Aiden questions, looking at her.

"Or is an unsolved case." Isaac inputs with his usual monotonous attitude.

"Hold on. Is he still out there?" Lydia asks incredulously.

"He said he's in an industrial basement somewhere." Scott attempts to explain himself, Isaac helping when needed.

"We came here to get a better scent."

"What else did he say?" Venus questions the pair, starting to get more worried by the second.

"Something's wrong with his leg, it's bleeding."

"And he's freezing."

Aiden scoffs, reminding them of the worst possible fact of the night so far. "Tonight's the coldest night of the year, it's gonna drop into the 20s"

This makes Lydia let out a loud sigh. "What did his dad say?"

Scott scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. "We kind of, uh, we didn't tell him yet."