CHAPTER TWENTY

It had been quiet over the last few days, Venus had stopped spending so much time in the woods after school

It had been quiet over the last few days, Venus had stopped spending so much time in the woods after school. Instead, she used her time to spend some quality time with her dad and her new friends.

She spent a lot of time at home with her dad just helping cook or watching old movies together, went to the mall with Allison and Lydia, even caught up with Isaac a little more and shared a few training sessions with Allison. For the first time in a long time, Venus felt like she belonged.

The brunette had been out that night with her father at their favorite Chinese diner downtown, and they were driving home. Venus had been playing a playlist she made of her mothers favorite songs, currently singing along with her father to 'Is this love?' by Bob Marley.

Alexander Fiore hadn't felt this happy since his wife passed away last year, he hadn't seen his daughter this happy in a while either. As the song comes to an end, he turns down the stereo, looking over at his daughter with a smile.

"Why'd you turn it down?" Venus pouts. "I was just about to play some Cyndi Lauper."

"When did you even make this playlist?" Her father laughs, this having been the first time he had heard it.

"A couple months ago. I was upset, I guess, and she used to play these songs for us all the time. Kind of feels like I still have a part of her with me."

"She's always with us, Vee, you know that. She'd be proud of you, our daughter saved the sheriffs life!"

"Mhm, she's also grow quite annoyed with you at how often you mention that." The pair laugh, as they continue playing the music for the rest of the trip home, feeling the absolute happiest they've felt all year.

Pulling up in their driveway, her dad stops the car and makes his way to their front door, Venus was about to follow when someone called out to her from across the street.

"Hey Vee!" Stiles waves at the girl, with a wide smile and she waves back, feeling that all too familiar flutter in the pit of her stomach. "You still owe my dad a dinner, you know."

"Your dads the most adamant man I've met." she laughs, moving closer along the sidewalk so they weren't talking so loud. "How's tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow is great Venus!" the boys dad yells, popping his head out from behind their front door. "Now both of you stop yelling, and you, come inside."

"Goodnight Mr. Stilinski! Goodnight, Stiles!"

She turns around with a chuckle, making her way through the open doorway, finding her dad holding a glass of water on their kitchen island, with an amused yet knowing smile on his face. "What?" she questions, moving to stand opposite him.

"Stilinskis son? Really?" Alexander laughs, taking another gulp of water.

"We're just friends dad!" she groans, throwing her head forwards onto the island, causing her dad to pat her head as he walks past her.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Vee. Goodnight sweetheart!"

•••

"Good morning, Mrs. Mccall." Venus greets the woman when she pulls the front door open the next morning. Picking up Isaac for school every morning had become part of her regular routine these past couple weeks, he couldn't ride on the back of Scotts bike forever.

"God, you're so polite Venus." the woman laughs, closing the door behind the younger girl as she walks into their house. "Are you sure you're really friends with these kids?"

"They're not that bad."

"You want some breakfast? I'm making grilled cheese."

"Uh yeah sure. Do you know if they're ready?"

"I don't know anything when it comes to those two. You're welcome to check though."

Venus makes her way towards the stairs, yelling up them as she climbs them. "Rise and shine, boys. Let's go!" She didn't make it far down the hallway though, seeing Isaac being flung out of Scotts room, roughly hitting the walls, knocking down the painting and causing Melissa to come rushing up the stairs.

"Hey! You two supernatural boys." the woman exclaims as she sees what happened. "Don't test my entirely un-supernatural level of patience!" She leaves back down the stairs, leaving a groaning Isaac and a giggling Venus, with Scott coming out of his room to help the boy up. He quickly greets Venus and heads downstairs for breakfast.

"You told him about Allison?" she questions, helping him put the painting back up as Melissa instructed.

"Well, yes and no." he replies sheepishly, making the girl roll her eyes. "Let's just go."

Her car pulls up in front of school shortly after Scott, getting out of her car, she parts ways with Isaac and makes her way over to their four other friends by the main doors —— as Lydia had not so kindly instructed her to do last night. The smile on her face instantly falls as she sees all the serious looks on their faces.

"Well, good morning to you guys!" Venus mocks excitement as she finally approaches them, they all give her unimpressed looks, except for Lydia who gives her a smug smile. "Who peed in your cereals this morning?"

"Well, well, look who's no longer the crazy one." Lydia speaks complacently as they make their way into the school.

"We're not crazy." Allison argues, confusing the Fiore girl over what exactly was happening.

"Can someone please explain what the hell you guys did now?"

"Allison and Scott are having very vivid hallucinations and Stiles is experiencing major nightmares and sleep paralysis." Lydia explains with a sarcastic smile before turning back to the other three. "Yeah, you guys are fine."

"I mean we did die and come back to life." Scott shrugs, looking between everyone. "That's gotta have some side effects, right?"

"Oh yes, it definitely does." Venus scoffs. "I told you guys it was a bad idea, we told you this would happen."

"Okay, we just gotta keep an eye on each other, alright?" Stiles decides as the bell rings and they begin to part ways in the hallway, pointing at Venus and Lydia before leaving. "And you two, stop enjoying this so much!"

EDITED