Night to Remember

Jason Mraz singing for Jason Grace!! This song gives a gist of the night and it's amazing!!

I am not good at cheesy things. But I tried my best to include them in this chapter.

It's gonna be a long one. Hope you will enjoy reading it!! Thanks for stopping by and taking out time!!

Third Person POV

Jason takes a long deep breath, not to mention, he is really nervous. But this time, it is kinda comfortable nervousness. His stomach is somersaulting now and then. His little heart is beating so loudly as if it is going to explode. The feeling can't be described. It can just be felt. Well, he is enjoying this new palpitation.

He finally reaches the entrance of the terrace. With trembling hands, he opens the door. The sky has turned to a mesmerizing shade of pink and yellow. The sun is going down. Everything is perfect. Just the way it has to be.

Jason sees her, clad in a gorgeous turquoise gown with a shawl over her shoulders. She is resting against the railings, adoring the sky. He is carried back to the times when they used to fight here, under this same Sun. Well, he hadn't told her the truth back then. 

Jason finds himself going towards her. 

"Hem... hem..." He coughs to have her attention.

"Oh, so you are here. How are they?" She asks quietly, not facing him.

"They are alright. They just wanted to freak me up, planned a Birthday Party for me. Lord Poseidon and Lord Hades were also there. Rebel stuff, you know."

"Why are you here, then?" A smile at the corner of her mouth appears.

"Well, if you don't want me here, I can go." Jason turns.

"I didn't say that," Piper says, quickly.

"Oh, really." They face each other, looking straight in the eyes, beaming inside. 

"What about let's play a game to know each other better. Three Questions." Piper offers.

"Okay. You go first."

"Well, so Jason Grace I wanted to ask why did you go to Reyna before coming here?"She says, averting her eyes.

"Oh, so someone was stalking me." Jason laughs, small light laughs making her heart skip a beat. 

"Are you even going to tell me or not!" She crosses her hands over her chest.

"Well, I went there to tell her that I like her but not in that way, just as a friend. And..." He pauses, stealing a glance at Piper.

"And?"Piper repeats.

"You have to lose a chance to get the answer." He replies, smiling. "Well, someone was really jealous and envious and -"

"It's your turn, Jason Grace! Ask a question." Piper interrupts, fighting hard to resist blushing.

"Why did you hate Prince Jason Grace i.e. me? This question has been troubling me for ages and Austin told me that you will tell the answer to this question only to the real Jason Grace. Now I am here, standing in front of you. Tell me."

It is Piper's turn to smile this time. "It's kinda a long story."

"We have the whole evening and the whole night." Jason answers.

"No, not that long. A trivial incident led to so much happening in my life. I was young back then. My mom used to work here, right in this castle, as your caretaker. One day, she got late for work. Never knew it would have been her last moment with me. And something happened in the castle in her absence. To you. And everyone blamed her for that. It got so serious that she was accused of treason, she was accused of attempting to murder you, the heir to the throne, Son of Lord Zeus. And they hanged her. We lost our reputation, our wealth, our house. Everything was ripped away from us. And my Dad, his business was bankrupted. He used to work like a bull, day and night, for me. Soon, he couldn't have anymore. Due to the death of my mom and a humungous mountain of debt on his head, he became sick." Jason stares at her. Her eyes are moistened.