First Day of the Selection

Jason's POV

"Zoe, Zoe! "

Ah! Where is this girl! Annabeth is really worried. We have searched the whole first floor but she is nowhere to be seen.

So, I decided to check the second floor. Anxiety and fear were spreading their grip on me. I tried to calm myself. Think positive, Jason. Calm down.

But my mind was in its own urgency and this I abruptly opened the door of the first room I saw.

My heart came into my mouth. My little one is there in the room sleeping soundly but there is someone else with her. Her arms are around a beautiful girl. Piper.

Both of them looked really calm and relaxed. It seemed as if a mother is sleeping with her two-year-old daughter. A chill went through my spine.

Piper stirred a little. She was about to open her eyes. I spun around. Before I could go out, she must have been up to because she called, "Who are you? "

Of course, I was in my pj's and I didn't have my spectacles, that is why I didn't want to face her. My mind whirled. What should I do now?

At this point, Calypso with Piper's two other maids, Johana and Andy was about to enter. At the last minute, Calypso saw my face and deduced the situation I was in. She stopped the two maids. I gestured for her to bring my glasses. She rushed to get them.

The problem was not yet over. Piper was making her way to me. She was constantly asking me who I was. I was numb. No words came out of my mouth.

I don't know what happened but I saw Calypso at the door. She tossed me my specs. No sooner the spectacles touched my skin, a hand appeared on my shoulder.

I spun. She saw me. Piper's kaleidoscopic eyes were asking a million questions all at once.

"Sparky! "

"Hmmm... Good morning Piper." I tried to sound cheerful.

"Why are you here at this point in time? Do you want to talk to me? "

" Actually I came here to take her," I said pointing at Zoe.

"Oh, Zoe... is she related to you? "

"She is the princess of Greece. Some royal guests are here. Where did you meet her? "

"She was crying alone in the corridor. When I heard her voice, I rushed out of my room. I calmed her down and narrated her a bedtime story that my dad used to tell me. And she slept in my arms."

I almost forgot about her dad.

"I expect she didn't trouble you. "

"Not at all" she smiled. "She is really cute and sweet and naughty. "

Zoe made her smile. I love you little one more now. I made my way towards sleeping Zoe. But before reaching for her, I said to Piper, "I met your dad yesterday. "

She took a great amount of time to process what I said. And then she turned to face me.

"We will talk about it later." I smiled seeing her questioning look.

I took the sleeping child in my arms. She looks better when she is sleeping. But I still miss her mischievous smile and glimmer of her eyes. It reminds me of Percy.

"Wait! " Piper stopped me.

She kissed the child on her forehead while her head was on my shoulder.
Zoe smiled in her sleep.

"I think she likes you. I will bring her here to you whenever you want to play with her." I said.

"Sure, if she wants. Till then I will miss her." She said, smiling."By the way, when can I see you, Mr. Perfect?"