Sparky...

Warning!

It's a half-dark chapter.

Jason's POV

"Dad!" But Caligula doesn't kill him. Instead, he speaks up.

"Jason Grace put your weapons down right now."

"Don't listen to him, just run out of here, Jason." Dad shrieks. His face turns pale as Caligula pushes his sword deeper into his neck.

"Don't!" I yell.

"I won't repeat it, little hero," Caligula says. His dagger shoves in further as I see a small patch of blood coming out.

"Stop it." He halts. I let go of the swords. I feel two sets of arms grab me from behind. My muscles tighten as their grips harden.

Caligula twists Dad's fingers. I know he is in pain but he doesn't show it for my sake.

"I have done what you said. Now, let him go." I say.

"No, hero, no. Neither you nor your father has been done yet." He nods to Medea who comes towards Dad and kneels. And then, something unexpected happens. She slashes her dagger. Dad gasps as Caligula lets him fall. There forms a large deep cut on his leg.

I try to move towards Dad but the grips become painfully tight. Caligula approaches me and touches my face, I turn away. He punches me, punches me hard. After a few blows, it hurts as I feel the blood flowing through my face. My vision dwindles. He twists my arms making me moan.

The hands leave me and I collapse, my face touching the rough floor. Caligula kicks me, calling out to me to fight. But it feels as if the strength drains out from me. I hear his shrill laugh. My Dad shouting but not able to get to me. I catch a glimpse of someone holding him away from me. He is not able to reach me.

Suddenly, a blistering pain seizes through my back, blinding me. I scream. Never in my life have I ever felt this way.

"Now your time is over, little hero."

Caligula's spear cuts through the many layers of my skin and I feel its way going straight towards my heart. The pain soars to every part of my body. My legs, my arms, my neck, my head. Everything yells, wanting to escape, forever. Tears brim my eyes.

Suddenly, the spear halts, not going any further. Caligula stops laughing.

"Go to hell, you, Cockroach! Son of Bitch!" I smile through tears. But my jaw hurts.

There is commotion everywhere as the Rebels try to run, arrows being showered on them. I let out a wail as someone pulls the spear out of my body.

"It will be alright, son." Dad kneels beside me. Through my diminished vision, I could see his eyes moisten.

I manage to turn and lay on my back. Though it hurts a lot. Soon, I find it was a bad idea as the throbbing heightens. I try to divert myself by looking around. Dad charges at Caligula, his leg still hurting him, with the bloody spear and pushes it through his body. I see him fall to the ground. His eyes are wide open in shock.

I see Thalia and Annabeth running to my side, tears glistering in their eyes. I want to tell them that I am okay but clearly I am not. Nico and Percy join shortly with Reyna and Will. I feel guilty for making them anxious.

"Jason." I hear a small voice.

The others exchange concerned glances as they clear the path for her. Her armour is smeared with mud and she is wearing it wrong this time too. It's hanging loose. Clearly, she's bleeding.

I don't want her to see me like this. She can never afford to lose me.

She walks to me, slowly, and kneels. Tears make their way through her eyes as she takes my hand. Her warm skin against mine. She touches my cold face.