Question Of Trust

Jason's POV
"You would have been a better ruler than me. I feel so useless sometimes. Well, can't you become the King? " I say to Thalia.

"Hey kiddo, being a king is boring for me. I would have been a really noisy and hyperactive king which won't have been good for anyone in this kingdom. As for you, your sincerity, honesty, and discipline can make a brilliant ruler." Thalia says it as a matter of factly language. "By the way, who did your makeup?" She says, grinning.

"Annabeth and Calypso, they painted my face. Do I look anything like Sparky? "

"I don't think you look like Sparky anymore with your classy glasses gone. And the makeup is done wonderfully. Suits you." She teases me.

"Guys don't do makeup, Thalia."
"So where were you all this time?" I change the topic.

"I visited Percy as soon as I got to know about the attack. Then, I went to Italy for having a look at Nico's kingdom. Everything seemed fine there for now. Your army has reached Italy. Nico says thanks."

"No need to thank, he is my brother after all. How is Bianca? "

"Nico and Will's daughter. She is really cute and generous. Though she is only five, she likes to help people. She often goes out will Will to look after sick people. And not to mention she lightens Nico's mood whenever he feels lonely. But sometimes, she teams up with Will to prank Nico. They are a cute family. "

"I am really looking forward to meeting them. When will Percy and Nico visit?" I ask dubiously.

"Soon, that is what I got to know. Don't tell Annabeth that I visited Percy. She will bombard me with so many questions I won't like to answer. And her little daughter, she has got her mother's wits, she will definitely not miss any chance too. Well, Percy really misses them. Hope he comes early. "

As if to prove Thalia's point, our sweet little princess enters the Hall with her two maids for handling her big gown. She looks really charming in her sea-blue dress. She carries herself with elegance and boldness uncommon in children of her age. Thanks to her brilliant genes. At this point, I make myself clear that if I will have a child, I want to have a daughter.

She takes a seat in between me and her mother.

"Hey, little one! How is it going? " I ask her.

"Everything's fine, Jase. How do I lookin?" She replies with a glimmer.

"More beautiful than the most beautiful girl here. " I say without hesitation.

She callously scans the room, smiling. But then her smile fades. It returns though.
"I would have liked that, but the most beautiful girl here looks better than me."

"Who would look better than my princess of Greece?" I ask her.

Suddenly, Thalia and Annabeth seem to get interested in our conversation.

"Zoe, can you tell her name to your Uncle Jase. " Annabeth says.

"It is obviously Piper. She looks so gorgeous in her sky blue gown similar to the shirt you are wearing, Jase."

I could feel the heat rushing to my face.

"No, you are not allowed. " Annabeth abruptly interrupts. I could make out a smirk at the corner of her face.
She knows I want to see her.

"Are you fine, Mr. Sparky? " Thalia says keeping her hand over my forehead, with pretended concern.

Zoe, Annabeth, and Thalia start laughing seeing the expression on my face.

"Stop teasing me, girls! " I say, blushing.

                              ~~~~~~~~
Cara approaches the stage.