The Attack

Third Person's POV
"There is a problem!"

"What happened? Our plan going fine?"

"No, I am not yet able to wrap the Prince around my finger."

"What! Why?"

"Because there are rumors that he is in love with a girl named Piper."

"Get her out of your way, as soon as you can, or else she will prove to be a really big problem."

"I need help."

"I'll arrange it. But the plan should be successful or else-"

"I know."

 After Ten Days

Jason's POV
Today I am going to tell her everything that had been hidden in the depths of my heart for so many days. I smile thinking about her.

I get dressed, wearing my great specs. It is gonna be a perfect day. I will finally be free from all the lies.

I reach her corridor and after fixing my tie a little, taking a deep breath, I enter her room.

"Pipes-"

She is not alone. A guy is standing next to her, smirking wickedly. She has a paper in her hand. And what has happened to her eyes, they are full of tears.

"Piper? " I step towards her but she doesn't respond.

"Piper" I step closer in an attempt to touch her arm but she pulls away abruptly.

"Don't touch me, Sparky. Oh sorry, I should call you with your real name, right? Jason Grace! "

"Pipes, I can explain. Please listen to -"

"How could you do that to me. " Tears are streaming down her face. She is breathing heavily.

"Pipes-"

"I... trusted... you, Sparky. .. I," She is repeating it, breathlessly. Tears are flowing down both of our eyes.

"Piper, no! "

She is losing her consciousness. I catch her. "How could you? " She says softly, the last words before she closes her eyes.

"Piper, open your eyes. Open your eyes, Piper! Open them! Wake up!"

"This can't happen, no this can't be real. No, Piper please open your eyes. Please. Please. " I sit upon my bed, looking around me in awe. I am in my room. My eyes are still watery.

I take my head in my hands, it was a dream, I sign in relief. Oh, gods!

I hear a knock.

"Come in. "

"Your majesty, Minister Lupa is calling an urgent meeting now. "

Now? An urgent meeting? There is a problem going on I guess.

"Tell her, I will be there. " The guard dismisses.

                     ~~~~~~~~~
"We should start the next stage of the selection i.e. Elite from tomorrow. Today, the third round of elimination will take place. " Lupa announces.

"Why from tomorrow? Won't it be a bit early? " I ask.

"We want you to choose your wife and become the king. "

"But-"

"Your majesty, your majesty!! "A guard comes running into the Council Meeting.

"What happened? "