Mr. Perfect and Miss Beauty Queen

Jason's POV

"Hey! Please don't cry! What should I do? Do you want some water? Please don't cry. " I got really panicked on situation like these. I can't see anyone crying. I have to do something.

I rushed towards the nearest shop, which was just a few yards away. I bought a water bottle and hurries towards the girl.

I made her drink some of the water which she did. I heaved a sign as her sniffles reduced.

"Thank you!" that was all she could manage to say. She looked at me with her kaleidoscopic eyes which were still full of sadness and loneliness.
We stayed there in silence for awhile.

So, I decided to break the ice. "Who was that guy? And why did he did that to you? "

"He... He is Dylan. Actually he wants to marry me but I refused him and that's the reason why he is so angry. And when he gets angry, this is what he does." She said the last line grunting her teeth. "Thank you again."

"Your welcome." I said with blush rising in my cheeks, after all it's very rare, getting thank you from girl, especially beautiful ones.

She must have seen my face because she laughed, a soft, soothing, real laugh.

"Are you new in the village, I just saw you yesterday? Well, I am really sorry about what happened yesterday. And speaking of today... " She rummaged through her bag slung around her shoulders, which I discovered just now.

She took out some money from her bag. "You gave me these, right? I can't take them." She took my hands, charging a wave of electric impulse, and put the money into them.

"What!? Why? Are they less?" I was electrocuted. Did I committed a mistake again?

"No, no. It's because they are more. I can't accept them." She said.

"But, you were brilliant at the stage. I really liked your voice. You sang like a real star. It was a knockout." I blurted out.

"But..." I stopped her and slipped the money inside her bag.

"You are worthy. You are a really good singer." I said reassuringly. Seeing her fallen face and desperate eyes, I added, "Well, it doesn't mean that you have to be guilty or sad."

She smiled and this time it seemed as her eyes were also not able compress the desire to beam. And that enlightened my mood.

"So, Mr. Perfect, provided that you know all about treating people and making them happy, can I know your name?" She asked.

"Hmm... You can call me Sparky."No sooner than the words slipped out of my mouth I regretted them. I was being stupid. What kind of name is Sparky. It just slipped out because I was thinking about the electric shocks she was giving me just by touching me. Oh Gods! What has happened to me, The great Jason Grace, going to start a career as the king of Illea. Oh my! And now I am action like Leo by adding 'the great' in front of my name!! I am going insane!!

"And you, Miss Beauty Queen, what is your name?" Holy Hera! Why did I have to say beauty queen?

"Well, my name is Piper, Piper McLean." She said raising her hand towards me.

"Nice to meet you, Piper" I shook her hand,  ignoring the fast beating of my heart.