Never Let Go

JASON'S POV
Dylan has seated himself on the sofa, comfortably, expecting a big drama. He will surely get it but not in the way he thinks. I am standing back to back with Piper, surrounded by his minions.

"We have to do something. " Piper says.

"Yeah. Do you have your dagger? " I ask her.

"No, it is behind the picture next to the lamp beside the bed." She replies. I scan the room for the picture and finally get it.

"Great. You take my sword and fight the soldiers, meanwhile, I will bring you your dagger. Will you be able to fight in this costume? " I say.

"I guess." She adds. "How will you be able to cope up? "

"I have my ways. " I answer.

"But where is your sword?"

"It is on my waist, of course."

"How will I get to know that? I don't dream of your swords." she snaps. 

A million shocks pass through my body, suddenly. I realise she grabbed my hand. "Now tell me where the sword actually is." She says.

I navigate her hand towards my sword. I move my face a little towards her. She turns slightly. Our eyes meet but just for a second when I realize that my hand is covering hers.

"Sorry." I take it off. "Take care-"

"I am strong enough to take care of myself. " She retorts.

"I said take care of my sword. I have had it since I was a toddler. It is close to my heart. Moreover, I don't doubt my training. It will go well." I snap.

"Ready."

"Always."

"On the count... One"

Her grip tightens on my sword. I start sweating profusely.

"Two"

"Three."

We separate our ways. Me towards the bed and her towards the men in black. Obviously, I won't leave her alone. My eyes were always on her. She fights well. 

I punch the person coming in my way while kicking the other. I grab the dagger and head towards its owner.

She is fighting two men who are acting insane around her. Maybe due to the aura she is radiating. She looks more beautiful than ever. That is why I like her, fighting. I smile. Stop Jason! I am in the middle of a war, and I am thinking these things.

After defeating those two idiots, she whirls. I pass her the dagger and I get my sword, fitting my fingers in the familiar curves. Good to have it back.

Someone attacks me from behind, but I get through it, stabbing him with the hilt of my sword. Time to find the real person behind these masked men. My eyes come to a halt at the place where Dylan was sitting. But he is not there anymore. 

I see him. He is looking at something, rather than someone. Piper. He is watching her intently. He has a knife in his hand. Not a good sign. I have to do something.

He reaches her and raises his knife. But before, it can harm her, it lands on my hands. Blood oozing out of the newly formed wound. No one can touch her, not when I am present. No one can hurt her when I am there to take the pain first.

Dylan smiles wickedly. "Grace comes to save his girlfriend!"

"None of your business, Dylan!"

"Well, see her as much as you can, now. Because soon she won't be yours, she will be mine. And I won't let a rascal like you see her ever again."