Life is Misdirecting

Jason's POV

Knowing it very well that if I tell anyone this incident, people will surely think that I was hallucinating, I sneak out of my room and head towards the Meeting Hall. I have to figure out things now alone. The room is deserted and dark. I switch on the lights to see the map on the table. I take a black marker in my hand and start marking the area near the river. I take a look at the other markings also and try to figure out any pattern.

The Rebels can have a base near the border of Ilea as it is a remote area. Also, a river passes through that place. So, Piper can be somewhere here. We have found four headquarters up till now. Let's see if there is something common in these places.

Attacks are frequent in crowded areas where security is low. But the thing is the public has not been affected much, not that it is a bad thing, but it does make me a little dubious. There had been attacks in almost every country, except Ilea. What do they actually want? What are they planning? And above all why did they kidnap Piper? Piper does not belong to a royal family.

Maybe, they are planning something big. Against Ilea. Perhaps, they knew that Piper is close to me, but how did they get to know that? And that photo. I take that out of my pocket. This picture has been taken inside the palace which means there is someone here who is involved in these things. 

I avert my attention back to the map. And find something really interesting. The headquarters are roughly arranged in a manner so that they represent the alphabet C. Something is wrong with this letter. And I have to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~

I have been engrossed in the map that I almost jumped when Annabeth enters. I look out of the window, it's morning. 

"Jason Grace, never expected to find to here so early," Annabeth says, crossing her hands over her chest.

"Nothing much, I was just inspecting the map."

"So, what did you find?" She asks.

I tell her what I concluded. Her grey eyes become a shade darker, making her even more intimidating. I don't care if I am correct, but being the person I am, I don't want to get scolded by this grey-eyed woman. How does Percy have the guts to become late even though he knows that this would make Annabeth angry, I wonder.

"Great! Good observation. We will send some people there and will see if get any evidence. And maybe, you're right that some people in the castle are involved in this business. But, I must say what I missed you covered it. Good work, Jason," She pats my shoulder, smiling.

"Should we check the camera recordings of the day when this affair happened?"

"We must. So, what are you waiting for, lets hurry."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rewind it. Okay, I came and asked the girls to go to the Women's Room. And I entered Piper's room. After that, there is no one in the corridor," Annabeth says, confused. 

"So, who locked the door?" 

"Are you sure, it was actually locked? Maybe it got jammed or something?"

"No, we tried to open it. Let's see the recording again."

"Okay, it would be the last time as I have to talk with those two girls."

"Yeah."

Same scenes flash again, making the wound inside my heart even deeper. The guilt is coming back. The memories are seeping. Tears are returning. But I know I have to find the culprit now. And that's when Annabeth speaks up.