Reminiscing the Past

Dedicated to all my Readers
A tribute to Percy Jackson on His Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Percy Bro!!

Annabeth's POV

I was in the corridor of the grand palace. Oh, gods, I didn't even want to come here. But there I was because of my friend, Thalia, who forced me, not exactly forced me, she just signed my name on the paper for the selection to become the Queen of Greece. I just shifted here and she already got me into trouble.

I was stuck in this palace where I knew no one with a couple of books. Well, books. They are my companions for now and yeah I truly respect them. Thalia went to meet her prince brother in Ilea,  my parents won't be visiting me for a long time. All these thoughts didn't help but added to my irritation.

And then something unexpected happened. I collided with someone and in a split of a second, all my books hit the ground with a thud, making my mood worse.

The person with whom I collided muttered a 'sorry'. He saw the weird look on my face and said, "They are just books. Nothing bad has happened. " He smiled. I was frustrated and furious.

"What do you mean they are just books'? They are my life. They are the thing that are windows of knowledge that help me see the world better. They are everything to me. If you don't want to help then you must have said it, why saying something bad to my books!"

"Woah!! I am sorry. I just collided with an angry young woman who is in love with her books! "

That made me go crazy. "What do you think you are? "

"See, I haven't done a big crime. Why are you shouting at me! You can't talk to me like that! "

"What! What did you just say? You haven't done a big crime and I am shouting. You know what you are a...."

"I am a what? " He was surely enjoying this whole conversation and for he was smirking the whole time.

My irritation got more and more intense and I just stepped on his foot very hard making him wince. That felt better at that time! I went away from him, feeling much better, feeling lighter.

                          ~~~~~~~

Within a few days of my arrival at the palace, I got a letter to meet the prince. I signed and with the help of my adorable maids, I got ready.

One of my maids accompanied me towards the Prince's room when I saw the same person who humiliated my books on the first day of my arrival.

"Hello to the person who is in love with her books! " He says when he sees me.

"You have no right to say anything to me, you bunch of seaweeds! " I don't why I said 'seaweeds', maybe because I was reading a book related to Oceanography. The library is full of stuff like that.

"Says the person who can fight a war just because someone insulted her books"

"Stop it! It's none of your business! "

"You stepped on my foot only because I humiliated your books and you are saying it's none of your business! "

"You-" My maid held my arm.

"Lady, sorry to interrupt, he is the Prince. You have come here to meet him, not fight with him. "I was flummoxed

"So, you have come to meet me. Which means you are... " He searched down a list in his hand. "Yeah, Anna-"