Time to Say Goodbye

Piper's POV
"So, he's not going to come?" I asked Leo.
We were sitting near the lake. The day was going fine until I got the news from Leo. We have been friends for just a day, yet our friendship seemed strong. He is like the little brother I never had, funny, cute and childish. He was telling me about Sparky, that he sent Leo to convey the message that he won't be coming to meet me today onwards as he was struck in something. No matter how much I asked him, he didn't tell the reason.

"Piper... "he said, his voice trailing, " I am telling you the millionth time that he won't be coming. "

We stayed in silence. I brushed my hair off my face as the wind started blowing. I don't want to think what will happen to me tomorrow. All my best friends gone. I would be alone again to confront all my problem, to face Dylan, how can I forget him! He would surely come back to take his revenge.
I won't be able to see the boy, who within a week changed my world. His blonde hair, blue eyes, scar on the upper lip.... Oh gods, I will miss them all. He is just perfect. Why this had to happen with me?

Jason's POV
I can't go. I can't tell her. If I saw her again, I might break up. No! I can't let this happen. I don't want to have this freaking selection! No, not without her!
I was walking in the corridor when  I collided with someone.  "Sorry, Your Majesty!" the girl said. She had almond eyes and caramel hair, braided over one shoulder.

"Calypso, what happened? You look as if you are in hurry. " I asked.

"Leo! Leo has got a letter. The person said to give it to Leo. But I searched the whole place, he is not -"

"Calm down, Calypso. I know where he is. Don't worry, I will give it to him. You have to take care of the rooms for selection, right. " I said. She tried to protest but I waved her off.

She handed me the letter and went to do her work. Well, I could have ignored the letter, but due to some personal desperation, I would surely go to give it to Leo and I will take the pain all by myself. Our reunion was also left. 

Piper's POV
I was busy in my thoughts when Leo started making strange noises. I ignored him for awhile.  Soon my patience gave up.
"Leo, why are you -" But the person sitting beside me wasn't Leo. He looked at me with his electric blue eyes which seemed to engulf me. But I was distracted by a splashing sound.

I looked towards the lake. Leo was there in the lake! "Leo, how did you got there! Why you always have to act like a child? " I said.

"Piper, the lake is not deep enough. He is not going to drown." Sparky said.

I ignored him and got into lake to save my friend. Sparky followed and we together helped Leo to come out of the lake.

"Sparky! Why did you do that? " I demanded.

"You don't know what he did when I was young. This is nothing. He actually pushed me into a river. I would have died. " He snapped.

"Piper, don't listen to him. I did that because he told the teacher all about my pranks which led to a while week long detention. He also-" Leo was cut off by Sparky.
"Piper, I met you before him. You can't trust him. He has been irritating me since yesterday because I -"

"Oh gods, both of you stop! I am not going to talk to either of you if you two start fighting again."I said stepping between them. I didn't want to interrupt them but I had to or else it would have gone much farther.

"I just came here to deliver this letter to Leo." Sparky said.

"A letter for me?" Leo snatched the letter from Sparky's hands. He examined it and his face brightened. "See you guys, later. I gotta go" He said and with this he disappeared.
"But Leo-"Sparky called. But he was already gone.

After a few moments, Sparky said, "By the way, Piper, wanna have a tour of Illea city? "

I don't know what to say, but this guy is the best person I have ever met.
~~~~~

We took the route through the woods and came out in the bright light. There was a flower shop near the entrance. I looked at it wistfully. Just seeing it brought back memories.

Sparky must have seen the look on my face. He nudged me. "Have you ever been to the city before? " He asked.

"No, just this shop... My best friend worked here. She was like my big sister. We used to play together, study together. You remember the old man I told you about, who passed away and his building became the school? Well, he taught us. But everything changed when she had to leave... " I looked at him. "You know what, your blonde hair reminds me of her. Both of you might have liked each other's company. " I said.

"Hey Pipes! Maybe you would find her somewhere." He said. I didn't notice at first that he called me 'Pipes'.

We walked around the city. If I have to describe the city in one word, I would say 'beautiful'.

The city had many big buildings, shops scattered here and there. And huge hospitals and schools. If only my village could have all these...

~~~~~
After strolling around for while, we sat near the sea for a while. I never knew there was a sea here. It was mesmerizing. The red colour of the sky and the sunset complemented it's beauty.

I lost track of time, I didn't want to leave the place but I had to go.
So I stood up, but before I could turn, Sparky grabbed my wrist.

"I know you are enjoying it. Could you please stay for awhile. You know it really well, that this is not going to come again." He said.

"But-"I started.
He stood up and leaned towards me. "Piper, you have the right to take a pause in your life. Just stay here for awhile. Please. For me." I looked into his eyes, they were tired, sad and lonely. (I don't know since when I started reading someone's eyes) He must have been working really hard. He must have been stressed.

I nodded and sat down with him. The silence between us was comfortable.
Soon the twilight faded dark night and the stars came up. The moonlight fell on us filtering through the fleecy clouds. I put my head on his shoulder and felt the sea breeze on my face. I wish I could stay here forever.