Strange Connections

Jason's POV

"What is it, Annabeth? Is it about Rebels? A new place, they attacked? Has anyone died there? Is it about the loss of property or any shortage of health aid? Tell me-"

"Calm down, Jason! Please, let me think."

I stay quiet as we make our way down the stairs. But then, I couldn't have it anymore. 

"Is it about her? Is it about P...Piper?" 

"Jason Grace, I am going to tell you in front of the other. Loosen up for a while, for God's sake."

We reach the Meeting Hall. We wait for the others to come. This time, Nico and Will, Leo and Calypso, and even Lupa are also attending. Interesting.

"Now, since, everyone is here, Annabeth, can we start with what were you telling?" I say.

"Seems like our Prince Charming is thinking a lot about his Princess."

"Not the correct time to talk about these things. Please, continue with the information you have received."

"Am I making you desperate?" Annabeth teases. I nod. 

"Okay, so the thing is. Get me the map." I toss it to her before Malcolm could grab it. I am growing impatient. "Aha! So, we saw a little activity of rebels here." She points towards Piper's village. "While collecting information, one of our spies, secretly entered a workshop near this village. This workshop, as said by the local people, had been shut down. But, we discovered something else. We got a flowchart and a picture there."

Annabeth extends her arm and Malcolm gives her the picture. "Can anyone identify the person in this picture?" She shows it to everyone but me. They stand wide-eyed. And then, they look at me. I am getting confused and irritated.

So, I snatch the picture from Annabeth's hands. And what I see takes my breath away. Because the picture is of... It is of...

"Piper. How can this be possible!" I am bewildered. I don't know getting to see her after a long time makes me weak. She is supposed to be here. Her picture is not supposed to be at a place like that.

Annabeth passes me a glass of water.

"The truth is this incident was not planned by a single person but by a big group i.e. the Rebels." Annabeth declares.

I look at her, bewildered. "Why will they do that? She hasn't done anything bad to them. Why-"

"Maybe to extract details from her. The way, they have pinned her picture, it seems as if it is got to do something with the Royal Family."

"If Dylan wanted to get to me, then they should have taken me. Why did they take her?" I say, resting my head on my hands.

"Wait. First things first, tell us, exactly what happened that day, after I went." Annabeth demands.

So, I start. With my voice shaking, body shivering and lips trembling, as the memory seeps in, as the bonds break, as her hand slipped off mine and she was gone, gone to that rascal, who doesn't even respect her much less deserve her. 

My words are met with silence.

"It's been a long day. I guess we must go to sleep." Annabeth says. "We will check the cameras tomorrow to get any clue."

"Wait... something is missing. Your majesty, you said that when you tried to exit, the door was locked, but when we reached you, the door was open." Calypso interrupts.

"Fair point, Sunshine," Leo says, getting a nudge from Calypso.

"I thought you did it, Annabeth, as you were the last one to go," I say.