Keeping Something from Each Other

Piper's POV

"Wow, Annabeth! I didn't know you had such a great and cute love story! "
I say. And truly mean it.

"But where is Percy Jackson or sorry King Percy? I didn't see anyone other than Zoe with you! " I continue.

"Um... he didn't come here. He is... in Greece. " As she replies her eyes turn a shade darker. Is she hiding something?

She sees the look on my face and says, "Well, there is no need for you to call him 'King'."

"Yeah, right. He is my...brother-in-law, right? " I say. No sooner than I said these words that I hear someone coughing. I whirl to see it was Sparky.

"Right. Sparky are you alright?" Annabeth asks eyeing him. I pass him a glass of water.

"Yeah, I am ok. " He replies, taking the glass.

"Annabeth, I wanted to ask you if you could help me in finding some books that help me in completing my tasks of selection. Please. " I ask her.

"Piper, I can't help you. Someone wants me to play a fair game. " Annabeth says, raising her eyes. For a moment I thought she was looking at Sparky but then I shrugged that thought out of my mind.

The door bursts open and our little cute Zoe enters and rush towards her mother.

"Moma! " She jumps into Annabeth's lap and hugs her tightly.

Annabeth hugs her back. "What happened, Zoe?"

She smooths a lock of hair behind Zoe's ear. They look so cute when they are with each other. I can't wait to see the whole family together.

"Hey, Zoe!"I say playfully.

She winks and gives me a high five. And then she sees Sparky. She jumps onto him and he catches her.

"Hey, little one! How is going?" He asks.

"Hiya!" She replies.

They seem to know each other quite well. This makes me smile to myself.

"I gotta go." I have to complete my essay.

I step out of the room and allow myself to drift to the world full of my thoughts. I didn't know that there is a selection for becoming the Queen too.

Anyways, I feel elated that I could hear Annabeth's story. I mean, how lucky she is! She is worth it. And this Percy guy seems to be a nice person too.

I felt really happy when I saw Zoe with Sparky. I mean, just look at his face when he smiles. That wonderful scar on his upper lip makes a crescent shape. And his eyes, they seem to light up making him look awesome. How could anyone not like him? I smile.

Suddenly, I realise that someone is standing in front of me. I stop abruptly.

"Pipes, what happened? I have been calling your name repeatedly." Sparky says.

"Sorry, actually I was... " I say.

"Hey, no need to say sorry. Did you want to tell me something? "

"Um.. yeah. "

"So, we can just go for a walk if you want? "

"Yes... I mean no. I forgot what I was going to say to you. " I lie. "And I have to complete my work."

"When I was busy, you were free and now when I am free you are busy. "

"Sorry."

"No, Pipes. You don't need to apologize. We can talk some other day. " He says.