Memories

Subaru, Emilia, Regulus and Ram were on their way towards the mansion. Emilia had invited them both after they saved her.

Originaly, Subaru had been knocked out after the incident with Elsa, but this time he was awake for the trip. So that's something new.

The one controling the carrige was Ram, one of the maids of the Roswaal Mansion. She hasn't used any kind of insult against Subaru, since he isn't working in the Mansion yet. So Ram's being respectful for now, but......When she starts insulting Subaru....That will probably involve Regulus.....And if Ram starts to insult Regulus just like Subaru....It would be the worst possible argument to listen to.

Subaru and Emilia were having a casual conversation while Regulus was minding his own buisness.

Subaru did appreciate the fact Regulus wasn't talking since he's already had to listen to Regulus talk for hours.

Emilia and Subaru fell asleep after a while since the whole Elsa ordeal was exhausting, although Regulus stayed awake and didn't even seem tired.

The trip back to the mansion was nothing special and nothing bad happened.

When they finally arrived at the mansion it gave Subaru some nostalgic memories, some good, some bad.

Subaru, Ram, Emilia and Regulus stepped out of the carrige to be greeted with Roswaal and Rem.

When Subaru stepped out of the carrige and saw Rem, he wanted to cry out and hug her with all his might and tell her that he's sorry that he didn't save her.....but....

He knew that this Rem, wasn't his Rem. She doesn't have any memories of him, so everything they went through together wasn't even real. Atleast not for Rem.

It was pretty difficult to keep his tears from flowing, but he managed to hold them for now.

Roswaal: Ohhh myyyy~? And whooo are theeeese two gentlemen.....?

Subaru did note that Roswaal's voice at the end was genuinely confused. Probably because Regulus was here.

Subaru: Ah, my name is Natsuki Subaru.

Roswaal: Aaaand, youuuu?

Subaru was suprised at the face Roswaal was making. Subaru did remember that the Book of Wisdom told Roswaal the future. So for Regulus to appear like this, it probably genuinely confused Roswaal greatly.

Regulus: I've said this to someone not too long ago already but...You should present your own name first before demanding someone else's name, right?

At this, Ram and Rem looked at Regulus with irritation, while Roswaal still kept his bewildered expression.

Roswaal:...Of course~ I'm Roswaal L Mathers, the owner of thiiiis mansion.

Regulus: Is that so? Well, my name is Regulus Corneas.

Roswaal: Now then, maaaay i ask for the reason of youuuur visit?

Emilia: I invited them over because they saved me a few hours ago from the Bowel Hunter.

Roswaal: Is that soooo? Then, pleeeease come inside, we'll discuss your reward tommorow, since i'm positive thaaat you all must be veeeery tired.

Subaru: Yea, i'm fine with that.

Regulus: Don't assume that i'm tired just because a lot happened today. Although, i'll take you up on that offer.

Roswaal: Rem, Ram. Please prepare two rooms for ouuur guests~

Rem & Ram: Of course, Roswaal-sama.

The moment Rem talked, Subaru just wanted to cry even more. That's just how much he missed her.