Witchcultist!

Subaru:.....

Petra: See? It's a cute puppy!

Somehow, Subaru had completely forgotten about the fact that Meili was in the village with a Mabeast in her hands.

Frankly, Subaru was completely distracted due to Regulus's antics. So he had completely forgotten about everything else.

Petra:....Subaru?

Subaru: A-Ah! Sorry, I was spacing out a bit....

Regulus: How typical of you. While I do admit that this new development we have here is pretty much irrelevant. You should still try and pay attention to others, who knows? Maybe you'll actually discover something interesting.

Subaru: (...I need to calm down....If I provoke Meili now, she might delay the attack and I won't be able to expect it.)

Subaru: Well, anyway! That's a really nice dog, but we have to get going now.

Kid 2: What? No! Stay longer, Subaru!

Kid 3: Yea, Yea!

Subaru: Sorry, but i've made Rem wait long enough.

Subaru and Regulus started walking away, but Meili pulled in Regulus's robes a bit.

Regulus: What?

Meili: U-Umm....

She pointed towards a secluded place.

Regulus:....You know, I can't really understand what you want if you don't use words to communicate with me. Since you decided to interfere with me, then I can only assume that it's something important, no? If that's the case, then you should convey what you want to tell me in-

Subaru: Yea, sure. You can take him for a bit.

Regulus: What?! What do you mean by that?! You-

Suddenly, Subaru went up to Regulus and whispered something into his ear.

Regulus:.......You-

Subaru: Anyways! Me and Rem will go ahead, hope you don't mind!

As Subaru walked away, he left a.....Confused Regulus with the village kids.

Meili:....So....

Regulus: Tch- Fine, whatever. But this better be worth my time.

Meili nodded and she started walking to the secluded place with Regulus behind her.

Once they arrived, Regulus asked the obvious question.

Regulus: Now, what could you possibly have to tell me that is worth my time and energy?

Meili: Y-You didn't....get....a-a good glimpse at the d-dog earlier.....s-so i-i thought that.....maybe.....

Regulus put his hand on his forehead and sighed in disappointment.

Regulus: Really? You brought me here just to show me a dog? This is ridiciulous, tell me one good reason why I shouldn't just go now and do something more useful?

Meili: A-Atleast pet the dog....since y-you're here already.....

Regulus: And you're not even going to apologize for causing me this inconvenience? You'd think that your parents would have taught you some manners, but I suppose that you're better than those other brats in this village. Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to pet him, since I might as well do something since i'm here.

Regulus kneeled down to Meili's level and pet the dog on the head.

At first, the dog leaned into the touch, but he quickly bit him.