Problematic

It has been a while since the Mabeast incident. Rem's relationship with Subaru improved, peace had returned to the manor and Regulus was......Well, Regulus.

Due to the fact that Regulus now lives in the mansion, everyone's life had become a lot more chaotic.

Especially when Regulus and Ram would start arguing. At that point, all hell brakes loose.

For Subaru atleast, the only good thing that came from going back to Zero with Regulus was the fact that Rem was no longer under the influence of Gluttony.

Although, now that the Royal Selection was coming closer to starting, Subaru started feeling extremely nervous.

What if this time, he wouldn't be able to save Emilia from Sloth? What if they lose against the White Whale? What if Rem gets her memories eaten once again?

He didn't even want to think about it. It would make him only more and more nervous, but he did have atleast something that calmed him down slightly, even if that thing disgusted him.

That thing was Regulus Corneas.

Realisticly, even if Subaru were to throw Regulus against a 2v1 battle against Sloth and the White Whale, Regulus should still come out victorious.

So, Subaru was currently making his way to Regulus's room to ask him to come with them to the Capital.

When he arrived, he knocked a couple times until he heard "come in" from inside the room.

When he opened the room, he saw Regulus sitting at his desk reading a book.

It wasn't unusual to see Regulus reading a book. After all, there probably isn't much to do when you don't have a job and are a near invincible being.

Regulus slowly took his eyes off the book and looked at Subaru.

Regulus: So? Why are you disturbing me at this time? As you can see, i'm trying to read a book here in peace and you're just coming in here to disturb me? I hope this is something important and not one of your stupid antics like that time you recommended that snow statue contest.

Subaru: Well, you'll probably be interested. Me, Rem, Roswaal and Emilia will be going to the Capital for a important meeting, so I figured that you might be interested in coming with us.

Normally, Subaru would rather die a million times than to have to be anywhere near Regulus, but since he knows that the Witchcult will strike soon including the White Whale, this was rather important and he'd have to put his feelings aside for a moment.

Regulus: No.

.............

.............

Huh?

Subaru: What do you mean "no"?!

Regulus: What do you think I mean? I atleast expected you to know the meaning of "no" but clearly I overestimated you, you should probably ask that clown to sign you up for somekind of education so that you can atleast understand simple words like no. But in reality, you shouldn't even need an education just to understand the word "no" it rather irritates me that you can't even comprehend simple words like "no" it truly does make me wonder how you've been able to survive in a world like this for so long. But to be honest, it wouldn't suprise me if the clown wouldn't grant you an education, simply based on the fact that someone of your intellect simply wouldn't benefit from having an education. It is rather sad in my opinion that the clown had to hire someone as incompetent as you, but I suppose that he didn't have much of a choise since it was him returning the favor for us saving Emilia.....Now that I think about it, I was the one that saved her, you didn't do anything! In other words, you stole my reward back then after you did nothing against that disgusting women! That would be considered theft, right? So it's a violation of my rights!