Mabeast Invasion

Both Ram and Regulus were glaring at eachother, the atmosphere was so tense that you could cut it with a knife.

Regulus: Mind telling me why you decided to bother me at this hour? I'm trying to read my book but you decide to bother me while i'm reading my book?

Ram: If you ask me "guest-sama" there's something far more important going on than you reading a book.

Regulus: Hah? You've just implied that there's something more important going on than ME?! There's nothing more important than me! I Regulus Corneas simply wants to-

Ram: I'll get to the point. You won't help Barasu against the mabeast?

Regulus: And now you interupt me? You know, the fact that i'm not even suprised at this point shows how much of a terrible human being you are.

Ram: Just answer the question, I don't have all day "Guest-sama"

Regulus: Tch. Who are you to demand something like that from me? Normally, I wouldn't answer a question from you since you've been disrespecting me for so long. But since I want you to go away already, i'll be kind and answer your question. And to answer your question, no.

Ram looked away for a second, she seemed to be thinking about something.

Ram: Isn't Barasu your friend? Just wondering.

Regulus: Honestly, you're unbearable. You've done so much to disrespect my rights, and now you assume what my relationship status is with that idiot? At this point I might as well make a list of how many times you've disrespected me or violated my rights.

Ram: So, you wouldn't mind if he died?

Regulus: How is it my problem if he got himself killed? If he decides to throw his life away to save a bunch of random  villagers, then that's his problem, not mine.

Ram: *sigh* I knew it. Not sure why I bothered even asking for confirmation.

Regulus: What do you mean by that? If you don't tell me then I don't know what-

Ram: Don't worry about it. Just so you know "Guest-sama" I doubt that you'll be able to stay here for long if Barasu dies. Since for whatever reason Roswaal-sama is far more interested in him then you. I'll be making my leave now.

Regulus: Hah? Wait what do you mean-

But Ram already left, leaving Regulus to ponder over Ram's words as he simply closed the door with a childish annoyed look on his face.

*meanwhile*

Nothing was going as Subaru wanted, originally he wanted Regulus to wipe out all the Mabeasts while he captured Meili while she was pretending to have fallen unconcious.

But of course like always, something went wrong. Regulus just denied Subaru's demand to help him with saving the village like there weren't any lives in danger.

Looking back on it, Subaru should have expected something like this from Regulus. But Subaru had the false idea that due to the contract, Regulus would help him with any treat that arises, but he was wrong.

So now, everything is playing out like it did normally, Subaru never had a chance to capture Meili, since he had to deal with the Mabeasts with Rem.

It was almost funny how similarly the events have. He almost wanted to laugh when he pushed Rem out of the way when she was about to be assaulted by Mabeasts, since it was identical as to how it happened originally.

He was about to fall unconcious due to his injuries from the Mabeasts, with Rem coming to his aid. But the only thing he wished for is that Rem wouldn't try to fight against the entire forest of Mabeasts again, but he knew that she would do it anyways.