The Smallest of Smiles

Despite the...Unexpected set of events that happened during the fight against Sloth. Everything turned out surprisingly okay!

In the fight against Sloth, not a single knight or mercenary died due to Subaru already knowing the exact location of the witchcultists.

Not only that, but no one from the Crusch's group died while traveling back from the battle against the White Whale.

Crusch hasn't lost her memories.

And most importantly Rem still has her memories, everyone remembers her and she looks fully alive and healthy.

That alone made Subaru happier than ever before.

It did leave a bitter taste in his mouth though that he had to rely on Regulus of all people, but at this point he couldn't careless about that fact.

Regulus: Can you stop moving around like that? It's honestly annoying having to hear you moving around in your seat instead of staying quiet like any normal person. Haven't you even considered the fact that I'm also here?

Of course, speak of the devil.

Subaru looked a bit annoyed at Regulus for having interupted his small moment of happiness, Rem was fully awake now, so he wanted to relish in that thought for a long while.

Although it was kinda his fault since he was extremely excited to see Rem after this point in time, so he was moving around a bit in his seat out of sheer excitement and inpatience.

Subaru: Yea, sure. Sorry about that "senpai"

Regulus looked annoyed at the black haired boy as he had clearly not meant those words and was merely mocking him.

The former Archbishop scoffed before looking out the window of the carriage while grumbling something under his breath.

They were currently on their way to the mansion as they had just recently left Crusch's manor.

Luckly while they were there Regulus didn't cause any trouble, everyone had mostly ignored him excluding Crusch and Wilhelm who had praised him for defeating the Sin Archbishop of Sloth.

Subaru turned his attention from Regulus to the sleeping Emilia next to him who was sleeping due to the whole ordeal.

He smiled while patting her on the head, although a more serious expression appeared on his face as he remembered what's about to come.

Regulus: I'm not one to insult someone out of nowhere, but you do realize that that's weird, right?

Subaru: Huh?

The black haired boy looked at Regulus with a confused expression as he saw him point his hand towards Emilia.

Regulus: She's sleeping and you're touching her without her permission, that's disgusting.

Otto: Natsuki-san is doing WHAT?!

Otto was in the driver's seat, so he probably got the wrong idea when Regulus said that.

Subaru: I'm just patting her head!!

He turned to look annoyed towards Regulus while the white haired man simply raised his eyebrow.

Subaru: Don't give people the wrong idea, dumbass!

Subaru's annoyed expression quickly faded away as he looked at Regulus who looked extremely pissed.

Regulus: "Dumbass"? How dare you call me that?! I have done nothing to deserve such an insult to be thrown at me! Don't insult other people such as myself simply because you can't find proper arguments to explain your borderline disgusting behaviour! Also, how is it my fault that I gave other people the wrong idea?! If they simply assume something in a situation without looking into it than that's their fault, not mine! If you truly wish to be so vulgar and insult someone with your filthy mouth, then at the very least be slightly respectful and insult someone that actually deserves it. Perhaps someone like this idiotic driver of ours that heard my words and simply assumed something without considering the situation, that would be something worthy of being insulted of. But no, you have to go and insult the one person that has done nothing wrong in this situation. And don't try and argue that people got the wrong idea just because they assumed the worst, you touching her head without permission is still a disgusting act that you should slap yourself for. Although I don't promote violence, for someone as violent as yourself it would only be a fitting punishment, wouldn't it? Anyways, you should apologize for blaming me for this whole situation, since that would be the right thing to do, wouldn't it? But it does make me wonder if someone as pathetic and hopeless as yourself would have enough self-respect to even do something as simple as apologize. Either way i'm a kind person and will forgive you only if you apologize with all that your filthy soul can offer me.