Part 3

Draco and I haven't spoken for two days. We are both too stubborn to approach one another. But I deserve an apology and I know he won't give me that. Malia and I are stood in DADA with Lupin, on the opposite end of the classroom to Draco.

"Intriguing, isn't it? Would anyone like to venture a guess... as to what is inside?" Lupin says as we are all looking at the shaking wardrobe.

"That's a boggart, that is" A Gryffindor says.

"Very good, Mr. Thomas. Now, can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?" Lupin says walking towards the front of the room. I've read about them before.

"No one knows. Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a person fears the most. That's what makes them so..." Hermione says.

"So terrifying, yes, yes, yes... Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now. Without wands, please. After me. Riddikulus!" He says. I roll my eyes and lean back on the wall.

"Riddikulus!" Everyone says.

"Very good. A little louder and very clear. Riddikulus!" He says. I look up and see Draco watching me. I look away from him.

"Riddikulus!" Everyone repeats. Lupin nods and smiles.

"This class is ridiculous" I hear Draco mumble. I sigh and Malia gives me a small smile.

"Very good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain. Neville, would you join me, please?" Lupin says. Neville looks around nervously and then steps up. "Come on, don't be shy. Come on"

"Hello" He says.

"Neville, what frightens you most of all?" Lupin asks and Neville mumbles something incoherent. "Sorry?"

"Professor Snape" He says louder and a few heads look at me. I shrug and smirk at Malia.

"Makes sense" I say.

"Professor Snape. Yes, frightens all. I'm sure you can agree Y/N?" Lupin says drawing my attention to him.

"Terrifying" I say and nod. He smiles at me and then looks down.

"You live with your grandmother," Lupin continues. Neville looks up shocked.

"I don't want it to turn into her, either" Neville says.

"No... it won't. I want you to picture her clothes. Only her clothes, very clearly, in your mind" He says and Neville closes his eyes.

"She carries a red handbag..." He starts and Lupin cuts him off with a smile.

"We don't need to hear. As long as you see it, we'll see it. Now, when I open that wardrobe here's what I want you to do. Imagine Professor Snape in your grandmother's clothes. Can you do that?" He asks and Neville nods.

"Yes" He says and takes a deep breath.

"Now this I want to see"  I say and stand up straighter. He takes out his wand.

"Wand at the ready. One, two, three. Think, Neville, think" He says as the wardrobe opens and it turns into my dad.

"Riddikulus!" Neville shouts before Snape reaches him. The outfit changes and I laugh as I see my dad in a heels.

"Wonderful, Neville, wonderful! Incredible! Okay... to the back, Neville. Everyone, form a line...Form a line! I want everyone to picture the thing they fear the very most... and turn it into something funny" He says as Ron steps up. "Next! Ron! Concentrate. Face your fear. Be brave! Wand at the ready, Ron" A giant spider comes out and I step back slightly.

"Riddikulus!" Ron shouts, shaking. It then has roller skates on and starts rolling around.

"Yes! You see? Very good, very good! Marvelous! Absolutely, very, very enjoyable!" Lupin says and then turns to me. "Y/N?" My eyes widen and I take a deep breath. My heart races.

"Me?" I ask. What is my biggest fear? Please god don't be something embarrassing.

"Yes, come on now, don't be shy" He says and I step forward shaking."Keep your nerve. Steady" I look up and face the boggart. There's a flash of green and then I hear a choke from the floor. I look down to see Draco in a pool of blood. My eyes brim with tears and I grip my wand.

"Draco...Riddikulus!" I say quickly as it turns into a firework. I step back and feel everyone's eyes on me as I let a tear slip down my face.

"Well Done Y/N! Good job" He says with a small smile. I walk to Malia refusing to meet anyone's eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asks. I shake my head. People start whispering.

"I need some air" I say and grab my bag running from the hall. I go into the girls bathroom and splash my face with some water. Then lean against the sink. Brilliant, What's he going to think now? "So stupid!"

"Y/n?" A voice asks from the door. I see his blonde hair and then lean against the wall.

"Come to mock me" I spit without meeting his gaze.

"No, I came to see if you were okay," He says. I sigh and slide down the wall. He kneels in front of me and takes my hand. "We grew up together, we are best friends of course that would be a fear of yours" And the fact that I'm falling in love with you.

"I'm sorry if I embarrassed you" I say. He shakes his head and hugs me. His good arm rubbing small circles around my back.

"I should be the one apologising for being a dick, I'm sorry" He says and I relax in his arms. I am careful of his bandaged arm as he wipes my tears away. "Come on, let's go"

"About time, you two stopped arguing" Malia says as we walk into the common room. I roll my eyes but smile at her. I sit down next to Draco on the couch and I feel him relax as I lay my head on his shoulder. Everyone starts up a conversation and I just smile happily as Draco rubs circles on my knee. I feel my eyes begin to droop and I fall asleep in the arms of my best friend.

"Shh you idiots, she's sleeping" I hear Draco hiss at Crabbe and Goyle.

"I'll take her up to her dorm" Blaise says and I feel Draco's arm tighten around me. "Dude come on it's not like you can carry her with one arm"

"Fine, just be careful and don't wake her up" He says annoyed. He lets go and I feel Blaise pick me up. His arms are warm so I feel myself snuggling against his shoulder. Then I feel myself being put in bed. "He really does like you Yanno. You should see the way he looks at you" I keep my eyes closed as Blaise puts a blanket over me and then leaves. Was he right? Did Draco Malfoy like me? The thoughts swim through my mind as I fall back into a deep sleep.