Part 13

"Y/N! Y/N! Guess what?" Malia says shaking me. I look up from my breakfast as she slides in opposite me.

"Geez how much energy do you need in the morning?" I joke. She sticks her tongue out at me. Blaise shakes his head at our childishness.

"Cedric just asked me to the Yule Ball" She says excitedly. I smile widely and Blaise drops his fork. She turns to him as he looks at her shocked.

"You're going with a Hufflepuff?" He says gobsmacked. She nods and shrugs at him. He huffs and takes his bag storming out of the hall. I know Blaise has a small crush on Mal so he's probably jealous.

"What's his problem?" She says grabbing some fruit and yoghurt.

"Probably just got up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm so happy that he asked you though Mal! You guys are cute together" I say. She smiles widely.

"We should go shopping together in Hogsmeade tomorrow! I'm assuming you're going with Draco?" She says. I sigh and shake my head.

"He hasn't asked me yet, I don't even think it's his thing" I say. She looks at me confused.

"What's not who's thing?" Draco says from behind me. I turn and give him a smile.

"Oh nothing important" I say as he gives me a quick peck before grabbing some toast. He just shrugs confused as Crabbe and Goyle rush over with wide smiles.

"Have you seen what Weasley got sent for the ball!" Crabbe says motioning over to the golden trio. Ron is holding up old school dress robes. I stifle a small laugh at his distraught face.

"Snape wants us in the small hall for this morning, then we have the rest of the day off" Malia says. "We can go shopping today?" She darts her eyes over at Draco. I shake my head.

"We will come with you guys," Draco says. Malia shakes her head and starts to get her bag.

"Nope it's a girls day" She says and motions for me to follow her. I grab my bag and smile at Draco as we walk out of breakfast. "You know you could just ask him?"

"No that's weird, plus if he doesn't want to ask I'll just go solo" I say. We walk into the room that Severus has set up for learning the waltz. I sigh as I see Pansy sitting there. "This is going to be funn" Malia just laughs at me, then leads me over to a seat. Blaise and Draco walk in soon after and they seem to be having a heated conversation but stop when they see us. Draco winks at me. I just roll my eyes playfully and turn back to Severus as he sets up the music.

"Silence now. I won't have a single one of you ruining this evening by behaving like idiots. You will all be respectful and on your best behaviour, is that understood?" He says and a few people nod. "Now most of you should know how to do a simple waltz, so let's have two volunteers"

"Not a chance" I say under my breath. He turns to me with an evil smirk. I shake my head.

"Y/N? Up you come" He says. I groan and internally curse him as I stand up. I hear Pansy snicker, I turn and glare at her and she stops immediately. "Now who to partner you with" Quite a few hands pop up which surprises me. Draco turns and glares at them. Some put their hands down but the older ones just laugh at him. "Hmmm...how about..Mr Malfoy?" Draco's eyes widened slightly. I smirk at him like he did to me and then gets up. Snape gives us a nod and then puts the music on. Draco wraps one arm around my waist, I put mine on his shoulder and then take his outstretched hand. Luckily Draco's family holds a summer and Christmas hall every year and we've had practice. He leads me through the dance and doesn't step on my toes once. I smile as he twirls me around and then dips me our faces inches apart. We finish and then Snape makes a few more people demonstrate. I sit back next to Malia until he ends the class. We both make our way down to the common room. Both of us get changed into a warm outfit before grabbing our bags. As we are on our way down to Hogsmeade, we talk all about the ball and what kind of dress we are looking for. Luckily there is a dress boutique in Hogsmeade and it's not that busy.

"Okay what colour?" Malia says holding up a long silver dress and a navy blue dress. I ponder it for a moment and then point to the silver.

"It goes with your skin" I say. She nods and goes into the changing room. I look through the racks trying to find the perfect dress. I huff as I can't find anything I like. Malia comes out in the dress and I instantly smile. "You look gorgeous! Ced will love it!" She does a twirl then looks in the mirror.

"What about you?" She asks. I shake my head.

"I can't find anything, maybe I'll have to wear something I already have" I say, shrugging as the store assistant comes over.

"We have a few more dresses in the back if you'd like to look? We don't keep them out because they're our best collection" She says. Malia nods and follows me into the small room. There are two racks and a few on display. I notice a dress on the rack and walk over slowly.

"Oh my god it's gorgeous" Malia says. I run my hand along the bottom. I try it on and twirl in the mirror. I smile happily as Malia looks gobsmacked.

"It's perfect," I say. We pay for the dresses and then grab a few accessories before stopping at the three broomsticks for a butterbeer. Afterwards we go straight back to our room and put our dresses away. I place mine in the box under my bed so that Pansy can't touch it. There is a knock at the door and Malia opens it to see a bouquet of roses and a card. She looks confused before picking them up and handing them to me.

"Open the card then" She says excitedly. I put the roses on my side and sit on my bed opening the card.

Meet me at the Astronomy Tower

Draco x

"God it's so sickly but it's cute" Malia says as I smile at her. I jump up and start walking towards the door. "Have fun"

"See you Mal" I say, shaking my head and laughing at her. I walk up the stairs to the tower and take a deep breath as a few memories resurface. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. I walk up the stairs slowly and as soon as I get upstairs I move away from the edge. I look up to see fairy lights wrapped around all the railings. "Draco?" I hear footsteps and he walks out in a black suit with a red rose. I smile widely at him as he walks closer to me.

"Hey Beautiful" He says, taking my hand.

"What's all this for?" I ask as he pulls me over to the railings.

"Well this used to be our place, I don't want you to be scared to come up here" He says softly. I smile and squeeze his hand. "So I thought we'd make another memory, Will you go with me to the Yule Ball?"

"Yes I will" I say and he hands me the rose. I link my hands around his neck and pull him in for a kiss. His lips meet mine and he instantly deepens the kiss. I smile into the kiss as his hands go around my waist. I pull away and rest my forehead against his. "I love you, I know I don't tell you enough. But I love you Draco Malfoy"

"I love you Y/N Avery. With everything I am" He says and pecks my lips once more. "Does this mean I get to see your dress?" I laugh and shake my head.

"Not a chance" I say. He pouts and I just sneak a quick peck and drag him downstairs. We go back to the common room and just sit in each other's company.