Part 18

"Are you ready?" Draco says from the other side of the door

"Are you ready?" Draco says from the other side of the door. I slip on the black lace dress and apply a dark lipstick.

"Nearly" I say as I grab my black heels.

"You know you don't have to do this?" I hear him say. I take a deep breath and open the door. He looks shocked at my appearance but smiles slightly.

"I haven't got a choice Draco. You know that right? I don't want this. Know that I'm doing this for a better life for us" I tell him taking both of his hands, he shakes his head.

"We could run" He whispers. I sigh and put my hand on his cheek. He knows it's silly. We both do but it's a dream we can't have.

"Two fifteen year olds against an army of dark wizards. We wouldn't last two hours" I say. "Plus there's still Your Parents, Malia, Severus and Blaise"

"Blaise is one of them, Malia's family will soon join as well" He protests. We've been over this all summer but he's still hopeful that I can get out of this. "As for Snape and my parents..."

"I know Draco but I have to try" I say. "What have your parents said about...?" He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"Nothing yet but I know they'll expect it of me. Or at least my father will" He says sitting at the edge of my bed. I sit next to him and take his hand. As long as we are together we can get through this. The summer has been long and quiet apart from our moments together. I have been in contact with a new organisation called The Order. It was built against Voldemort. I have given them everything I know which is basically nothing at the moment because nothing has been said about Voldemort. Nor has he been seen or heard from till last night. He demanded a ball where I will have to pledge my allegiance to him. There's been speak among death eaters that he wants me to face three trials in order to prove my loyalty and worth. But I have no idea what they will consist of. Severus and Narcissa have been trying to help us as much as they can. Only Draco and I know about my involvement with the Order and that's the way it will stay as agreed by Sirius Black and the other members. I have only met them all once and that was to take a truth serum so they could know to trust me. It wasn't pretty but they all believed I only wanted good. I take my wand out of its box and slip it into my dress. Draco holds his hand out to me as the time comes for us to go downstairs. He stops us before we get to the stairs and takes both of my hands.

"It's going to be okay, I promise you. I'll do anything I need to keep you safe" He says. I lean in and kiss him before he links our arms and leads me down the stairs. I get flashbacks from New Years and I smile at the throat before I turn to see a room full of death eaters. I take a deep breath and look straight ahead. We reach the bottom and people go back to their talking. I breath out the breath I was holding as Severus walks over with three people behind him.

"Y/N, Draco, I'd like to introduce you to the Carrows" He says warily. I look behind him to see the woman and man smirking at us.

"I'm Alecto Carrow and this is my brother Amyecus, It's a pleasure, Miss Riddle and Mr Malfoy. We're expecting great things from the two of you" She says. I shake her hand and give her a forced smile. I swallow the bile in my throat.