Part 7

"Y/n!" Cedric shouts as I'm walking in the courtyard. I turn to him and smile. He gives me a quick hug. Cedric and I have been friends for a while now. We normally study together in the library. "How are you? I haven't seen you in the library"

"Sorry Ced, I've just been really busy, I mainly work in the common room" I say with a smile. He shifts uncomfortably. "Was there something else?"

"How comes Malfoy is sending daggers at me?" He says. I sigh and roll my eyes. "I'm guessing that's a long story? Walk with me" I nod and put my bag on my shoulder. We walk out to the bridge and I tell him everything. Starting from when I first started having feelings for Draco. He listens to all of it and then stops when I tell him I admitted to them.

"In my opinion, Malfoy is a dick but if you really like him and he's reacting this way to you just talking to a guy, How do you know he doesn't share those feelings? He was probably in shock. I know I would be too," He says. I sigh and look out at the lake. "Give him a chance, Oh and that Pansy girl, if you want me to hex her I can" I laugh and hug him.

"Thank you Ced, I really needed this" I say. He nods.

"Come in before you go soft on me Slytherin" He says and playfully pushes me. I roll my eyes and push him back.

"Not a chance Hufflepuff" I say and elbow him. He begins telling me about his summer and how his dad has been trying to master muggle cooking. We walk back into the hall laughing as he says how ill he got. A few people turn to look at us. I give him a quick hug and go to my table. I slid in next to Malia not noticing Draco sat opposite. "What?" She raises her eyebrows at me. I turn to see Draco, my heart stops and I just give him a small smile.

"Draco, come on, we better go if we want to catch the show" Pansy says, smirking at me.

"What show?" I ask slightly confused. She rolls her eyes at me.

"So now you're interested? Haven't you basically ignored your best friend for two weeks?" She says. "Now fraternising with a Hufflepuff" I feel Malia is about to say something. I turn to her and shake her head.

"Ah Parkinson, you know I've kept quiet as you've belittled me and made me feel like crap for the past few weeks. Now I've frankly had bloody enough of your lip. I suggest you learn to keep that big nose out of people's business and if you don't then I guess I'll have to make sure you do" I say. She goes to say something but I flick my wand casting a silencing charm on her. "I think I've had enough of that lip" She tries to speak but nothing comes out. The others start laughing at her.

"She's back bitches" Malia says and laughs at me. Pansy storms off angrily to get her spell fixed. Someone clears their throat behind me. I turn to see my dad looking rather angrily.

"Hi dad" I say with a smile. He shakes his head and then smiles at me.

"Detention tomorrow, don't make it a habit" He says. He nods at me and I smile looking back at the others. Draco, Crabbe and Goyle stand up to walk away. I turn to Malia.

"Go after him," Blaise says. She nods in agreement. I get up and start running after them.

"Draco wait!" I shout and he ignores me. "Draco Lucius Malfoy! Look at me!" He stops and motions for the other two to go on. I shake my head. He turns to me and finally meets my gaze.

"So now you want to talk to me?" He snaps. I can see he's angry. I sigh and walk over to him.

"I deserved that and I'm sorry" I say. I take a deep breath and then look back at him. "I was scared. Scared that I would lose you, scared you would laugh at me. I tried not to feel this way Draco but I couldn't stop it" He walks closer to me and takes my hand. My heart rate quickens.