Part 9

"Well that's certainly new," Blaise says, walking over to Draco and I on the train. Our hands are entwined. "Finally you two got your heads out of your asses"

"Yeah alright mate" Draco laughs as he sits down. Malia joins us, she smiles at us.

"Hey, I was worried about you,"  I say. "You never owled me back after the World Cup" She smiles apologetically.

"Sorry, Mom and Dad were being annoying," She says. I nod and smile at her. The door opens and I turn to see Cedric standing there.

"I need to borrow Y/N" He says. The others look at me confused.

"I'll be back" I say, unlatching my hand from Draco's and placing a quick kiss on his forehead. We walk out of the cabin and down the corridor. He turns to me. "What's going on?"

"I'm assuming you don't know about this," He says and passes me a newspaper. I look down and go lightheaded. "I'm sorry Y/N"

"What does this mean?" I ask, staring at the dark mark. I finally look up at him, his eyes show concern.

"I don't know but I needed to know you were safe" He says. I lean against the window.

"Why me? Why not someone else? I don't want this Ced. I don't want any of it" I say, shaking my head. He pulls me into his arms and I let a few tears fall. "I know it's selfish but..."

"It's not selfish, Y/N. I understand" He says. I smile up at him. The train comes to a stop and we pull up to the station. I see Harry and his friends staring at me as they come out of their cabins.

"I'll be back" I say and run after them. "Potter! Harry Potter, wait will you?!" He stops and motions for the others to go on. He turns to me looking at me confused. "Why are you avoiding me? Shouldn't it be the other way around"

"Did you have something to do with it?" He says with a hint of annoyance. The shock hits me and I step away from him.

"How could you even think that?" I whisper. The hurt is evident in my voice. He looks away from my gaze and looks behind me. I see Draco and the others waiting. Then I'm filled with anger. I lift my hand and smack him around the face. "Stay away from me Potter. You know I find it ironic, you saw me fall apart and now you're judging me. Was it a good laugh? Telling everyone who I am! Guess what, you're not the only orphan, you selfish bastard. At least people see you as a legend. People look at me and do exactly what you just did. Judge me. Oh and don't you even think for a second that I was involved because believe it or not. I despise the fact I have his blood in my veins. But I am nothing like him" I feel an arm on my shoulder.

"Come on love, let's not do this here" Draco says. I turn to see everyone staring at the encounter. I sigh and let him lead me away. We get to the castle in silence and I see Severus, he walks over to the both of us.

"What's going on?" He demands. I glare at him angrily.

"Like that's any of your concern" I snap angrily. My eyes brim with tears.

"Y/N calm down it's okay" Draco says and rubs my back. I sigh and look up at Severus' expression.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean that, I just...I didn't think it would be this hard" I say as people walk past whispering. He nods understandingly.

"You should get in the hall, but we can talk when you're ready" He says and pats my shoulder. I smile and follow Draco to our seats. Malia, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle all look up at us.

"Are you okay? What Potter said it was out of line" Malia says as I sit next to her with Draco on my other side. I lay my head on his shoulder as he entwines our hands.