Chapter 27

"I'm so sorry that you guys had to go through that" Hermione says as she sits behind me in the library both of us facing away from each other. "How's Malia doing?" Malia was forced to endure her worst fears. She was tortured while shown how Cedric died over and over again. She was like a shell when she returned early this morning, they'd been going at it all night to make her break but she didn't once show them a single tear.

"She's understandably shaken up. We're all on high alert now that we've all passed it feels like we're being watched" I say and take a quick scan of the library. "Hermione, I don't know how much longer I can hide these powers. Voldemort saw the fire in me last night and he liked it. He's going to keep pushing me, he's going to keep using Draco against me" I rub my hand over my forehead and I feel her slightly brush against my other.

"I'll get Harry to owl Sirius right away and we will talk to him tonight and let him know. He will have a plan I know he will" She says and I nod slowly.

"Miss Avery!" I hear a shrill voice call. I turn to see the pink monster herself and roll my eyes closing my book as if I was studying. Hermione instantly went back to her essays. "Follow me please" I nod and grab my books and bag from the side. Students looking at me nervously as I am walked through the hall.

"Have I done something wrong ma'am?" I ask as she stops and turns to me. She looks me up and down in disgust.

"I thought it better of you to be anywhere near mud bloods like Miss Granger" She says raising her eyebrows. My eyes widen slightly and I step back. "As a pureblood you shouldn't be fraternising with the lower class witches or wizards" I bite my tongue and see that Draco has entered the library and is looking for me. I smile and turn back to her.

"I was just asking a question about our potions homework" I state. She stares at me for a while and then waves her hand at me to leave. I walk away and over to Draco who spots me instantly. He smiles lightly then sees Umbridge behind me and glares. I take his hand when I reach him, leading him away.

"What does that bitch want now?" He asks as we walk along the corridor back to the common room. I shake my head.

"To warn me to stay away from 'low class witches and wizards'" I say, disgusted. Draco huffs and we walk into the common room to see Blaise and Malia on the sofas. Blaise waves us over and we sit opposite them. "Hey Mal, how are you doing?"

"I'm okay, how are you two? Draco, are you still in pain?" She asks and my eyes widen and I snap my head to look at him. He shoots Malia a look and then looks at me. Why wouldn't he tell me?

"Y/N I'm fine, just ached this morning" He says shrugging it off. I'm not convinced so I look over to Blaise. He looks at Draco and then sighs.

"He passed out this morning during Quidditch Practice" Blaise admits and my heart stops and I feel tears threatening to spill. I did this to him. I can't even look at Draco right now because he's been lying to me.

"Blaise!" Draco snaps and stands up annoyed. I feel their eyes on me waiting for me to blow. "I just forgot my breakfast that's all, we were all a bit preoccupied" He sits back down and puts his hand on my thigh.

"Don't..." I whisper and he keeps his hand on my thigh. I stand up brushing him off. I start to walk away and he follows. "Draco, leave me alone" He stops, shocked at my tone of voice. I walk straight out of the common room not sure where I'm going but I continue walking as my brain swirls with thoughts, I ignore everyone around me as I walk out of the castle to the bridge. I run over the bridge quickly and run down the steps to the boat house. The door slams shut as I walk in and my hands are glowing. Not now...not now. I take a deep breath and scream, everything starts to shake and the water ripples before crashing back down all over me. I fall to my knees completely soaked and feel black dots cover my vision. I pass out on the wooden floor.

"Y/N! Y/n come on wake up!"  I hear a voice shout, my eyes open as someone helps me sit up. "Thank god, what happened? You're freezing"

"I'm fine" I state finally looking at the person. I see George knelt by me.

"Everyone's been looking for you for hours, here" He says and wraps his jacket around me. He touches my hands. I flinch and pull away. "You won't hurt me Y/N, it's okay. You're okay" I take a few breaths.

"I hurt Draco...I'm a monster" I whisper. He shakes his head and touches my shoulders cautiously. I don't shrug him off.

"You were forced to hurt Draco. You didn't want to. You aren't a monster" He states looking in my eyes. "Y/N look at me, you didn't have a choice" I nod slowly and let my tears fall. He pulls me into him and I sob into his shoulder letting all my emotions out. My sobs get quieter as George reassures me.

"What if I'm not strong enough for this George?" I whisper my throat feeling raw. He stands us up and puts his hands on either side of my cheeks.

"You are the strongest person I know and I know a lot of people" He says with a little laugh. I nod and take a breath. "Come on let's get you back everyone's worried about you" He takes my hand and leads me back to the castle and to the prefect's bathroom. He tells me to go and get warmed up while he tells everyone that I'm okay. I undress and slip into the warm water staring at my hands. I take a bar of soap off the side and start scrubbing at them desperately trying to get rid of the feel of Dracos blood. Someone grabs my hands from behind me and I jump.

"Hey...stop, it's okay. I'm here" Draco's voice whispers in my ear. I relax slightly as his arms go around my waist in the water. "Y/N give me your hand" I turn and allow him to take my right hand and he places it on his chest above his heart. I feel his heartbeat and a tear drops down my face. He pulls me into his chest and we stay like this for a while. After he washes my hair and helps me out and into a pair of his jogging bottoms and a jumper. He gets dressed in silence and takes me back to our dorm. He sits me on my bed and starts to walk away until I grab his hand.

"Draco..." I say softly. He turns to me and kneels in front.

"Don't apologise" He says. "Y/n please...please don't shut me out"

"I won't"