2 | wine and scandals

THAT EVENING, I CONFRONTED my mother on the situation.

"Listen, Elaine." She began, her voice was awfully calm and the slight Dominican accent rolling of it. "We all know the handful of scandals you've been in. Especially about you and the governor's son..."

God, when will they ever let that go?

"It's everywhere in the tabloids. Not to mention, your bad drinking habits, your wreckless partying..."

She added, with an irritated look. "It's putting a very bad image on the family."

"So the best thing to do is send me to a wasteland." I leered.

"No." My mother said harshly, to my uttermost surprise. "We are sending you there because you need it and so do we!" Her voice slightly rose, detecting her hidden anger.

I threw my hands in exasperation. "Fine, sure. But what about my job? Have you thought about that?" I didn't try to hide the slight accusation in my voice.

I worked as a model. At first my father didn't approve but mother thought it was a great choice since she was a salient fashion designer and me being perfect 'modeling material'; skinny, tall, and apparently a good bone structure. Courtesy of my father's genes.

My father for one was frightening as fuck. No doubt about that. But for a fifty-something-year-old man, he looked half his age and his stride executed confidence.

My dad was from Bristol, UK whiles my mom was from the republic of Dominica. They met in college.

I sometimes would wonder how my mother and father clicked.

My mother was like a sunrise in a cold morning and my father was just a cold, night-like frostbite.

Maybe opposites do attract.

At any rate, I started modeling when I was eighteen, and I loved it.

It was the only thing I was good at. So, little by little I started to build up my career and I became well-known in the UK. Especially when the scandals started popping out.

That's when shit started to go wrong.

I was everywhere in the tabloids and at that time, it was drawing me more attention to the modeling agencies. So my parents never complained.

But when the scandals started to get...too much, my father got pissed. Very pissed.

So then, I tried my possible best to limit my partying and reckless behavior. My assistant even upped up my workout routine because of my drinking habits.

I wasn't that much of an alcoholic. I drunk to get shit off my mind and to make myself feel better.

"Your father has worked on it, he contacted the agencies that you'll be going for a quick break."

I sighed. They really thought this through this whole thing.
"It's just two months, Elaine." My mother coaxed. "Besides the countryside is what you need. Nice wet grass, horses and barns, and fresh vegetables. It'll be a good experience."

"Right," I murmured sarcastically. I muttered a 'thanks' walked out of the living room and climb the stairs to my room. I plumped on the soft bed and texted Joanne.

So they are
Letting you go? - Jo

Yeah. :( - me

See you in
2 months then

Can't wait till that time

I'll throw you a welcome
Party when you come
back. That's if you haven't
turned to a saint.

I smiled at the last message and texted her again before I switched off my phone.

I took my Louis Vuitton traveling bags and placed them on my bed. If I was going to the place I might as well go in style.

I began stuffing all my necessary items into the bags and by the time I was done, I had two suitcases with me.

I walked to my walk-in closet and pulled out a shoe box that was conspicuously hidden with my array of shoes.

I opened up the box and pulled out a bottle of red wine.

Okay, maybe I was a tad of an alcoholic. But I got it handled.

I placed the long slender bottle in my handbag.
My father forbade me from having any form of beverages when flying in his private jet; wine, tequila, coca-cola et cetera.

The only thing I was allowed was water and apple cider. That was it and I refuse to go on a long flight drinking water and apple cider.

At least, I had something to look forward to tomorrow;

Wine.

Hey guys!

Hey guys!

I hope you like this chapter.
I am excited about the next chapter! So stay tuned.

Please do VOTE and COMMENT!