9 | bull rides

SHE LOOKED HURT BUT she badly hid it with a feigned smile.

"Ashley Anne." She said. "Nice to meet you."

Her lips were tight and she scrutinized me with irritation while I just stood there in amusement.

She was several feet shorter than me.
Probably about 5'4 or three and considering I was 5'10, that was a large difference and it made me feel like a mother.

I frowned when Clint's palms squeezed her shoulders and gave her an assuring smile.

Ashley looked gleeful at that action and I stood at my station in discomfort.

Ashley noticed the little girl beside me and beamed at her. "Why hello, Pumpkin!"

Pumpkin? You nickname a person a vegetable, not a fruit, but a vegetable.

"Hi, Ashley!" Rosie grinned and I glanced at Clint to see him smiling.

Smiling.

After the interaction with the two girls, He announced. "Okay, so, Ash and I will head on somewhere and You and Rosie can go wherever you like."

I glowered. "You're going to leave me in the care of a child?"

I was baffled. What a wonderful brother this lad was.

"No. Rosie knows the in and outs of this place, I'm pretty sure you'll be okay, Elaine." The girl, Ally, Ares Amy—whatever her name was— glimmered, she bit her lip in excitement.

She liked this idea and it made me sick.

Not that I cared for the child but the fact that they were excluding me from their plans and leaving me in the hands of a baby.

"Don't worry," Rosie added, with assurance. "I know this place. We're gonna have fun."

I looked at the girl in disgust and she beamed me her broken-toothed smile.

"Meet us here in an hour." Clint mandated but before I could argue, they had disappeared through the vigorous crowd.

I looked down at the child who then grinned. "So what do you wanna do?"

"I dare you twenty bucks you wouldn't last on it!" Rosie affirmed

"Pfft. Easy." I scoffed at her.

"On hard mode." She had a mischievous grin.

And I was starting to regret agreeing to this but I couldn't let a child make fun of me for not having the guts to ride the electronic bull.

It was easy.

I could do this.

It's just an artificial bull.

The girl still had that wild grin plastered on her face. "Wanna back out?"

"No." I firmly said. I was not losing to a chattering toddler.

"I—stop looking at me like that." I scolded Rosie when she kept giving me this look that said; 'you'll regret this.'

Ugh, she was making me nervous.

With a sigh, I climbed on the bull, holding a small edge of the automated neck of the bull.

Fuck, can't back out now.

At first, it began to wobble about slowly and gradually. Then, it started to pick up its pace by jumping and wiggling.

My fingers gripped the bull with all my might hoping I wouldn't be thrown off.

Then, it started galloping in the air and I let out a piercing scream as I nearly let go of the bull.

It whirled and swiveled in an attempt to throw me off and it was working too well.

Before I knew it, I was thrown off the machine, ascending across the room and crashing into a stack of hay.

"Holy mac and cheese!" Rosie shrieked in excitement when she approached me. "That was amazing!"

I gave a wavering smile before I vomited my breakfast.

"That's gross," Rosie commented.

In exhaustion, I said. "Y-you owe me twenty dollars."

Hey guys!

Hey guys!

Quite short. Sorry about that!
What do you think so far?

I honestly love Rosie ❤

Who's your favorite character so far?

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!