27 | expect the unexpected

"WHY'S YOUR HAND DOING THAT?"

I Looked up to meet Clint's sea-green eyes. His brows were knitted together in worry.

I looked down to see my hands were twitching. "I don't know."
I shrug nonchalantly and stared at the glass cupboards that displayed bottles of beverages.

"Stop looking at them, Elaine." Clint chided. "They are not alcoholics."

Darn it. I pouted. "But I'm thirsty."

Clint turned around to the fridge behind him and removed a bottle of water and placed it on the counter that divided us. "Here you go."

Appalled, I folded my arms and retorted with a grin. "I want something sweet."

Clint gazed at me with a blank look. He then turned around and picked up something from a nearby cupboard. He placed a small rectangular box in front of me.

I frowned. "What's this?"

"Sugar." He replies. "Just and some sugar into the water and I'm sure you'll be fine."

I stared at the box of sugar in shock, then back to him. "That's disgusting, Clinton. Is that what you drink?"

"No, but that should help your cravings for alcohol."

That was not going to help. Besides, those two had a completely different tastes.

"That's going to make me diabetic."

We were at Clint's house. Thankfully, his arse of a father was not around and his mother was out for a while.

Rosie seemed to have vanished too. Though I didn't mind.
As hard as it was to admit, I enjoyed being with Clint even though he could be a bit...blank and straightforward.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry. But there is no way I am taking that."

He shrugged and asked. "What would you like to eat?"

Before I could answer, a loud ding was heard and in a second or so, loud footsteps were heard, and then appeared the blonde pigtailed-haired girl. "Elaine!" She gushed.

I rolled my eyes when she embraced me. I still couldn't help but smile a bit.

"You're here," Rosie says. "I made you these." She opens the oven behind her brother and pulls out a tray of mushy strawberry-colored cupcakes.

She stared at the cupcakes in pride. "Try them!" The child offered.

I grimaced at the sight of the poor things. "I'll pass, I'm on a diet." I lied, through my teeth.

I ignored her crestfallen look on her face and the way her big blue eyes looked so desperate.
I was immune to those looks from children, I had my sister to practice.

I looked up to Clint giving me a hard stare and look that said, 'do it.'

Damnit! "Fine." I huff.

Immediately, Rosie's blue eyes brightened, she carefully places one horrid-looking cupcake on a small platter.

I didn't hide the disgusted look when I started at the thing in my hands.
What's that green stuff? I think, critically staring at the food.

Before I kept it in my mouth, there was a door knock and in came a familiar person.

Cowgirl?

"Ashley-Anne?" Clint and Rosie say in unison.
But Clinton's voice was almost annoyed whiles his sister sounded very excited.

"Hey." Her voice and gaze were soft but hardened when they landed on me. "Elaine." She acknowledged, curtly.

I grinned. "Cow-"

"It's Ashley Anne." She interjects.

I nodded, still grinning. "Right."
Cow girl's gaze moved to Clint and mine moved to my phone when I realized it was ringing.

My smile flattered when I saw the caller ID.

Dad.

***

So...

I'm back?

Yay?

I just want to apologize for the lack of updates. My school is a shit school that has decided to bombard me and other students with a bunch of exams as I am preparing for a MAJOR one in November.

As I speak right now, I am going to write another exam on Monday and as a result, sleep and the lack of ability to think properly like a normal human has lead me to slowly updating.

I am such a terrible person. I apologize; sorry.

I just want to get over these bloody exams and for November to come soon so that I can finish this book.

Slow updates. But there ain't no way I am ditching this book so...

Thank you for reading SAFAH.

By the way...

How in the living fudge did we get to 4k reads when I haven't even updated shit?!

Anyways thank you!

You know the drill...

Vote, Comment, and maybe...share!

Thanks again!