28 | daddy issues 2.0

I STARED AT MY PHONE a few seconds too long before I eventually picked up the call.

I quietly muttered something to Clint and the others and left through the front door.

"Yes?" I say, curtly.

"You never called us." My father replies back, monotonously. "How have you been?"

Terrible.

I shrugged my shoulders knowing very well he couldn't see me. "Okay. I have been good, I guess."

There was a small eerie silence that irked me and I so badly wanted to end the call.
The red button was calling me to be pushed and I—

"I'll be coming to Creakwood soon."

As soon as I heard those words out of the phone, my eyes bulged out of their sockets in shock and horror. "What, why?"

No, no, no, no. Why? How? When?

You see, one of the perks of staying in this filth—Creakwood was, No Dad.

No dad, no stress, no stress, yay me.

I didn't want to say I hated my dad because it would make me look like a bad person but in all honesty...

I hated my dad.

His stupid expectations and sentiment for me made me loath him. Acted all mighty, kind and compassionate around others but really her was the biggest arse ever.

My father was the villain of my story.

"What's wrong?" Came Clint's voice from behind me.

I was just a some metres away from the Carson's house so I assumed the lad had just followed me.

I glared at him in irritation and waved my hand, dismissively at him "Nothing, nothing, just go away for a moment."

"Excuse me?" Came my father's voice from the phone.

Dammit.

"Nothing." I said to my father, shooting a glare at Clint to leave.

I could hear the glower in his voice. "Who's that person who talked in the background?"

"Why are you coming to Creakwood?" I countered back, glaring at Clint to leave but he stood there without batting an eye.

"Answer the question, Elaine." He said through clenched teeth. Irritation seeping through his words.

I deadpan. "You answer my question."

There was a small silence before he said. "Your mother thought it'll be best to visit you."

For all I knew, I was staying at this damn place for a couple of months...

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why are you acting like I am going to stay here forever?"

Silence.

Wait, what?

Before I could say anything, my father beat me to it. "Who's that person?"

I decided to answer the question. My voice was impassive. "A neighbor."

"A male?"

No. A donkey you bloody moron.

"Does it matter?" I groan.

"It does, Elaine. I don't want you starting that promiscuous behavior. If I hear one—"

I ended up putting him on mute and stuffing the phone in my back pocket.

Arse.

"Let me guess, your mom or dad?" Clint says.

I roll my eyes. "Father. World's best Dad." I said sarcastically.

God, I thought I'd never hear from him.

Too bad for me, he's coming here to ruin my already ruined life.

Perfect.

***

Hey guys, Thanks for reading!

Please this is completely unedited as I wanted to post this chapter for y'all.

I'll edit it when I have time.

Any VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE if enjoyed this chapter!