18 | pills & fathers

|WARNING| MENTIONS OF DRUG ABUSE/OVERDOSE

————————

I DIDN'T SLEEP. AGAIN.

The number of sleeping pills I took did nothing to make me sleep. So when it was about half-past seven in the morning, I got up.
Seeing as there was no point in trying to sleep.

And to add insult to injury, my brain seemed to have decided to delete every memory I had experienced yesterday as if I was having a hangover.

I just couldn't fucking remember what happened yesterday and it annoyed the fuck out of me.

It was the bloody insomnia. 

I sluggishly walked to the bathroom and gazed at the mirror in front of me.

My eyes were starting to get a tint darker and my hair was getting frizzy.

I inhaled a deep breath and let it out, ignoring the hollowness of my chest.

The girl in front of the mirror stared back with a vacant look. Her breathing ragged and shallow, her eyes tired.

She was a mess. I was a mess.

I didn't know why, but I wanted to take a nap. Nap all my fucking problems away.

The girl behind the mirror was tired.
But of what?

Everything. I thought, in response.

Tired of everything and everyone. Including me;  for having the inability of making the right decisions.

I run my hand through my thick hair in frustration.

I walked back to my bed and plopped on it.

I wasn't going out today. I was going to sleep back all the sleep I had lost.

As I got comfortable with the pillow, I decided to pop some pills to help aid my sleeping process faster.

And slowly, my eyes dropped close.

"She doesn't have a fever." I heard a soft, familiar voice say. It was my grandmother's.

"How long has she been sleeping?" I recognized a deep familiar voice, ask. I knew that was Clint's voice.

There was a small pause before my grandmother spoke. "Twelve hours at most."

I heard footsteps on the wooden panels of the floor. "I think this might be the reason."

Then my eyelids began to flutter open.
When they adjusted to the dim light of the room, I noticed two people towering over me.

"What?" I snapped, my tone was groggy.

Doris looked worried. "Elaine?" Her voice sounded very concerned. "Are you okay?"

I frowned and rubbed my temple. "I'm fine."