14 | so we meet again

I CHUCKLED NERVOUSLY.

"That's not funny, Joanne," I exclaimed. "What do you mean they're dating!"

"It's everywhere on the tabloids," Joanne informed, her voice getting higher by the minute.

"They literally almost killed each other! How the bloody fuck are those two dating." I yelled, drawing attention from Clint who was shooting me curious looks.

"I don't know." My best friend confessed in exasperation.

The thing was, Runner; the dickhead, was a popular musician. Very popular.
I couldn't go anywhere in Britain without hearing his bloody music.

Loved by millions but my sister and I knew how much of a devil he was.

So I refused to believe that Elise even talked to him. The sheer possibility of them swapping saliva disgusted me.

God, it's in my head now.

"I'm calling her up," I informed my best friend before I hanged up the call.

"What's going on?" I heard Clint's voice ask, raising in slight concern.

I found my sister's contact ready to dial the number.
I hastily said to Clint. "Some dickhead is dating my sister."

I pinched the dial button, impatiently waiting for her to pick up.

"And should that be a problem?" He casually inquired.

"Yes," I told him, whiles it rung. "He is—look, it's complicated. That piece of shit shouldn't be near my sister."

"Why do you care? If she's happy with him, let her be, it's not your problem."

I sighed in frustration when she didn't pick up the phone and also at the question Clint threw at me.

"Because that guy is a prick who will tear her fragile, little heart to pieces," I said, stymied. "That shit doesn't deserve her."

"You can't just assume that, Elaine." He chided. "People change."

I muttered under my breath. "Too bad this one's a devil."

Clint then shrugged. "Who knows, maybe your bitchy behavior would change."

I scowled at him. "You know..."

I sauntered towards him. "I wish you weren't such an ass, then I would have liked you."

Pretty boy with a nasty personality. What a bad combination.

Clint tilted his head to the other side as if he had accepted a challenge. "And I wish you weren't a self-absorbed prideful bitch. But we both don't get what we want, do we?"

My eyes widened as I stood at my position in shock. Then I became defensive. "What the hell do you know about me, huh!"

Before Clint could answer, my phone ringed and when I check the caller, I couldn't have been more pleased. "Are you mental, Elise?"

"What do you mean?" My sister genuinely asked, seemingly confused.

"You and Runner." I prompted. "Explain."

The other side of the line became silent for a few moments before she hastily said. "I'm not dating him!"

I chuckled without humor. "Funny. I never mentioned anything about that care to explain what you mean by that, dear sister?" I taunted, lowly.

Then she cut the call.

"That bitch." I muttered lowly and redialed the number but there was an automated operator behind the line that announced; the number you have dialed cannot be reached.

"Shit." I cursed out loud.

The sound of small, chuckles broke me from my thoughts.
I jerked my head towards Clint. "What's funny?" I snapped.

He nonchalantly shrugged. "You look hilarious when you're pissed off."

"Well, I'm glad I'm such a refreshing amusement to you." I snapped, in sarcasm.

"Damn, kids," I muttered to myself.

"It was bound to happen," Clint added. "What, you thought Elise was going to be a bachelorette forever?"

I sighed in frustration before I ended up saying. "It's just unlike Elise."

Then, abruptly, Rosie arrived at the barn in a haste. "I'm here!"

I rolled my eyes. Great.

All of a sudden, my heart thumped against my chest rapidly when I heard a familiar noise.

The sound of that bloody dog.

The black and white coated pooch stood right in front of the barn, cocking his head to the side when it saw me.

"Oh hell no."