12 | just like a princess

|WARNING| VIOLENCE, AND BLOOD

———————

I WAS BORED AND I hated being ignored.

It made me feel like I was meaningless to the conversation and I was surrounded by loneliness even though it was crowded and it felt very foreign to me; I didn't like it.

So when an unknown number flashed on my phone, I hastily took it using it as an opportunity to feel less useless.

"Hello?" I said, through the other line.

"I thought you said you were going to call." I recognized my sister's soft voice through the other line.

"Elise." I grinned. "My phone got destroyed."

"Grandma Doris gave me this number, so I figured," Elise admitted. "So how do you like Creakwood?"

I shrugged even though she couldn't see me. "It's alright, I guess."
I noticed Ashley was waving at Clint with a hearty smile before she disappeared into the crowds.

Finally, she was leaving.

"Have you met Clint yet?" My sister inquired.

"Yeah," I responded. "He's an arse."

My little sister busted in laughter through the other line. "Still, he's a pretty hot lad."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not ready for this, Elise."

I gazed at Clint who was buying some sweets for his sister.
He glanced at me before he gestured for me to follow him and I did as I conversed with my sister.

"That's a first." I could imagine her innocent yet mischievous smile. "The great Elaine Maxine doesn't like the hottie."

"Shut up, Elise." I hissed.

"C'mon, it's true." She drawled lazily. After a few seconds of silence, she asked. "So you are you sure you don't fancy the lad?"

I audibly groaned. "Go to bed, Elise," I said in amused-frustration.

I arrived at Clint's car and entered in.
Rosie took the backseat while I sat upfront.

"Can't," Elise replied with a yawn. "I'm bored and I need a tad bit of drama even if it's not in my life."

"You need help, Princess," I told her, amused at my sister.

"I know." She agreed before she yawned loudly. "Goodbye, my incompetent sterile llama of a sister."

I deeply frowned at her insult.
She liked to use unusual, big words to form her insults.

Plus, the girl watched so much anime she would normally start insulting people she didn't like in Japanese.

"Talk to you soon." I smiled before she cut the call.

Suddenly before I could recollect my thoughts. Rosie screamed at me, as she leaned her elbows on the seats we sat in. "You have a daughter?!"

I grimaced. "What? Ew. No."
I gagged at the thought of having to be responsible for a baby.

"But. But you called her princess." She said. I shook my head in disbelief that, she was listening to my conversation. I unknowingly began harshly. "That's my sister you—" I held my tongue before I completed my sentence with a calm voice. "That's my sister."

I noticed Clint rose his eyebrows in curiosity as he drove but he didn't comment anything.

"Why do you call your sister, 'Princess.'" Rosie asked. "That's weird."

At this point, I thought of strangling the child but I gave a fake smile instead.

"What?" I asked defensively. "You want me to be calling her piece of shit."

"You can call her by her name." The child suggested and it irked me.

Damn you.

Elise was always bullied as a kid. One time, when we were in school, she sat outside beside a rubbish bin, hugging her knees with her head on them and sobbing uncontrollably.

When she realized it was me, she looked up and I realized she had gushes of blood on her face and her uniform with huge bruises on her face.

At first, I thought that was someone's blood but I realized that Elise was a sweet, innocent quiet girl who wouldn't hurt a fly.

It turned out, I was wrong.

She got into a bloody fight with her schoolmate; a boy called Runner Fox.

They were all covered in blood after the massive fight.

The feud started when Runner started insulting her with profaned insults no twelve-year-old should know, making fun of her for her lack of puberty growth and declaring all her deepest insecurities in front of the crowd that had gathered.

But when Runner called her 'noodle hair' she attacked him and they started pouncing on each other till there was nothing but red on the floor.

That night after the school authorities called our parents, she cried out her tears on my lap after the scolding and disappointed looks from our parent, Elise said to me.

'I hate everyone and everything and I wish I could be a bloody princess so that I could at least make their lives a living hell. I am tired of everyone treating me like cow dung.'

The next day, I went to Rosie's class and punched Runner in the face.

And ever since then, I started calling her Princess so that maybe, just maybe she would feel like one even if she felt it for a split second.

Hey guys!

I hope y'all are doing well.

So Elaine doesn't hate everyone...

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT your thoughts.