22 | parties & shenanigans

C L I N T ' S  P O V

"Hey." I turned around when I heard Ashley's soft voice called out behind me.

"Hey," I answered with a nod.

"Nice night, isn't it?" She noted and took a seat beside me.

We were on the rooftops of an old, abandoned church.

The brick roofs were cooler in the evenings and the midnight view was to die for. It was a place we used to hang around when we were teenagers.

"So, how is Rosie?" Ashley ran her hand through her hair. She leaned back and stared at the sky.

It had been a while since we did this.

Go up to the church in the evenings and casually chat.

But ever since Elaine had come to Creakwood, she had taken up my time.
It was almost like I was babysitting her.

She never gave a care about the people around her. She talks too fast and it was sometimes hard to keep up with her words.

Before she came to Creakwood, I saw her on tabloids when would look through my phone.

I always usually ignored them but I was sure that she was here because of something she did in London.

The thoughts on the crazed girl broke me out of my reverie.

I hadn't seen her today. I realized.

I assumed she had overslept, but if she had taken the pills around two in the morning, she would have been up around...eleven in the morning.

The latest would be twelve or one O'Clock.

Frowning, I picked my phone from my pocket and scanned through the contacts for Grandma Doris.

"What is going on, Clint?" Ash's said, concern evident in her voice.

I dialed Grandma Doris's number and waited for her to pick up.

"I have to check up on Elaine." I prompted.

From the light the moon offered, I could see Ash's lips draw to a thin line.
She crossed her hands and huffed. "She's fine you know. I saw her today."

I rose an eyebrow in questioning. "What was she doing?"

"She was playing with Dingo." She admitted, averting her gaze then shrugged her shoulders.