chapter 41

Lucy's POV:

I hate my life so much. Why? Well let me tell you, I come from school well the education room 3 months ago to get told the worst news ever. Daddy and Lisa are getting married. I faked being happy for Daddy's sake, I get out of bed from another nightmare. I go to knock on Daddy's door but I hear my name being mentioned so I listen to the conversation.

(L=Lisa D=Daddy)

L= We may be safe tonight

D= What do you mean?

L= Well it's gone 10 and no screams or knocks on the door, you'd actually be able to sleep with me tonight.

D= It's still early, she may have a nightmare

L= Do you think she's faking it? She is a little old to get nightmares so she's probably doing it for attentiom, jealously of me

D= No she isn't faking it, she generally do have nightmares and I can't say when they will stop, they may never stop.

L= What are they about?

D= I can't say, she made me promise not to tell you

L= I'm becoming your wife in 3 days, I need to know as it's affecting our relationship. I know nothing about her, the twins have told me about themselves and their past

D= I can't say, I made a promise and she'd be extremely upset if I told you

L= she never has to find out

I stand there as tears roll down my cheeks, he told her. He broke a promise. I get back to my room and curl up in bed and cry. I've been so scared he'd tell her so I stopped faking the nightmares, only did it when it was real because she would comment on it in the morning and I realised I wasn't being fair. He broke a promise how could he? It wasn't a small promise either, it was a big one.

Michael's POV:

I go downstairs and get a drink, I feel so guilty and horrible. I just broken my little Princess's promise and it was a massive promise. If she ever finds out I broke it she will hate me, why did I tell her? I'm such an idiot. I go to the office and call Janet, I need someone to talk to.

"Michael? What's wrong?" She asks worried

"Nothing, I needed someone to talk to"

"Are you ok? You sound like you're about to cry"

"I just did the worse thing in my life"

"What?"

"I told Lisa about Lucy"

"But didn't Luce make you promise?"

"Yes, I broke it and I regret it so much. Lisa mentioned how she knows the twins past but not hers and how she should know. She's been keeping on for me to tell her since the curry incident"

She lets out a sigh and I wipe my eyes taking the tears before they escape, "and what if Lucy finds out?" She asks

"She'll hate me, this was the biggest promise she made me do and I go and break it, she will never trust me again"

2 days later - night before the wedding

Lucy's POV:

I haven't had any nightmares since that night when Daddy broke my promise, I didn't actually sleep that night either. I ended up reading about 4 books before it was time for breakfast. I go downstairs and Daddy is saying bye to the twins, he's staying at Marlon's house and I want to go but I have to stay here.

"Please let me come Daddy, I can get brought back here in the morning"

"You can't sweetie, I'll ring to say goodnight later"