chapter 10

July 9th 1992 ~ 3am

Janet's POV:

I wake up hearing Lucy having another Nightmare,  it's been everyday for the last 2 weeks and she has literally had probably a total of just under 24hrs sleep in the whole 2 weeks. I get up and goes to Michael's room and sit on the bed and hugs Lucy pulling her onto my lap.

"shhh, it's ok"

"I want my daddy" she says through tears

"I know sweetie, he will be ringing tomorrow and will be home soon. these 2 weeks have gone fast hasn't it?"

"yeah but it isn't like it's another 2 weeks until he's home"

"it will go fast"

"but I want a daddy hug, I wanna be able to sleep"

"I tell you what, I'll try ringing daddy to see if you can talk to him. how about that?"

"ok" she sniffles getting off my lap and I go downstairs to the phone.

July 9th ~ 12:25pm Germany

Michael's POV:

"but I haven't done anything Frank, I would never do that" I sit down on the couch

"I know Mike, they're just trying to get money. you will get proven innocent I promise"

I don't reply and bury my head in my hands, I would never harm a child I would slit my wrists before I would do anything. why would they say I've done this?

"what about Lucy?"

"what do you mean?"

"if they get believed she will get taken away, I can't lose her"

"you won't lose her, I promise"

ring ring ring

I wipe my eyes and I get up and answer the phone

"hello"

"hey, it's me"

"hey, what are you doing calling isn't it late?"

"nearly 3:30am, are you busy?"

"no, why?"

"Lucy keeps having nightmares, she's had them every night for the last 2 weeks and literally haven't slept"

"pack her things and some school worksheets and send her over with a minimum of 4 guards" Frank eyes goes wide a little

"you sure?"

"yes, you can come if you want too"

"alright, I'll come"

"ok, I'll get the 2nd plane ready for you" I say bye and hang up then I go and tell a guard to pass on the message to set a plane up.

"have you just done what I think you did?" Frank says as I'm walking back into the room

"yes, she's my daughter and she hasn't slept in 2 weeks. I gotta have her here so she can get sleep and I know she's safe and can't get taken from me"

"ok, I mean it when I said I promise she won't get taken away and everything will be ok"

'I know, I just want my little girl"

California 4:30am

Lucy's POV:

Aunt Janet said we're going to daddy and we've just finished packing everything but Jordan keeps appearing in my head. I generally believe I'm going back to care and it's scaring me so much, I don't wanna say about Jordan and his dad but I guess I have to in order to stay living with daddy.