chapter 5

12:15pm

Michael's POV:

I sit down in the office and Frank sits next to me, I'm so excited Lucy is such a great kid and she's now going to be my kid. Lucy Jackson, I like the sound of that.

"So Mr Jackson would you like to adopt a child?" Miss Taylor smiles

"I sure do" I smile

"that's great, which child?"

"Lucy" I smile and Frank looks at me confused

"you met Lucy then by my confusing instructions"

"yeah, I heard my song and I follwed it to ask to directions"

"there was a bathroom nextdoor but I couldn't het her down and she's a fan of yours"

"I know, she's an amazing kid" I smile and Frank looks even more confused, Miss Taylor goes to get a foldermor something and I explain to Frank

"now it makes sense" Frank smiles

"I couldn't say no, I couldn't leave her here. she needs my help"

"you'll done the right thing Mike, and she's a fan of yours" Frank smiles

"yeah, I feel so relived that my music helps her, imagine if she-"

"Mike stop it, she's your daughter. she is going to get better and be just like you, I know it"

I smile brightly when he says your daughter

"I'm a dad now"

"you sure are, congratulations" Frank smiles Patting my back and Miss Taylor walks in and sits at the other side of the desk

"ok, there's information about Lucy which you needs to know"

"the bandage needs to be changed 7pm every night" I say

"she told you?"

"yeah"

"ok, she suffers with nightmares at least 6 nights a week"

"ok, what are these nightmares?"

"mostly her biological parents, she has this one where she was hungry and haven't eaten for days and her parents pushed her around and wouldn't feed her. a few hours later they give her a pizza box but it's empty and she ends up being a football between her parents and one will shove harder after a while and she ends up falling down the stairs"

"omg, that's horrible. how can parents be so cruel"

"she gets others but it's mostly that, I know living with you that everything will get better within weeks"

"they will, is there anything else I need to know?"

"she will not eat beef at all, if she has it on a plate near her she will vomit"

"ok, is she allergic to it?"

"no" she sighs "her parents gave her raw beef, she was clever for a 4year old and didn't eat it until a few days later and she had to eat it, social services found out through the hospital and they brought her here. she was so skinny, she still is but at age 4 and being able to clearly see her ribs is bad"

I sit there as my eyes gets glossy and I quickly sign the papers

"can I have my daughter now?" I ask standing up and wiping my eyes

"of course, I'll go and get her"

"thank you"

"you ok?" Frank asks as soon as she leaves