chapter 38

Lucy's POV:

Ok so the twins are annoying, I know I said different the other week and I now regret saying it. They spend loads of time with Daddy and when I spend time with him they ruin it by playing up and being naughty so Daddy will have to tell them off meaning they'll be getting his attention. Anyway after all that Daddy would tell them he's played games with them and it's my turn, he haven't pushed me out or anything which is a good thing. They're leaving Daddy alone and are wanting my attention now, great. I've played with them but I can't do it 24/7. They follow me everywhere and I mean everywhere, ealier I came out the from the toilet and they was there waiting. I decided to plot things so they can't follow me. Something slippery on the last few steps of the stairs, home alone gave me the idea. I know the indoor stairs he used paint cans but I can't do that. They will get seriously hurt, a little fall won't matter through compared to a paint can in the head will it?

"Lucy play tea party" Maya yells

"No, I got homework" I say walking off, of course they follow

"But you can do it later"

"I can't"

"Stop being mean and play with us" Amanda says

"I've been playing for the last 6hours" I walk faster and run as soon as I leave the room I jump up skipping the slippery steps and go upstairs. I reach the top and go to my room, a few minutes later I hear a loud thud, it can't be them on the stairs, they're too little. I walk to the top of the stairs and make my way down, as I reach the surface for the turn I see Daddy on the floor, my heart stops.

"Daddy" I run down the stairs jumping the last few. He sits up, thank god he's alive. "Daddy are you ok?"

"I'm fine, why are the stairs slippery?"

"I...umm.....I made them like that so the twins can't follow me and I can do my homework"

"You what!" He stands up and brushes off his shirt "if that was Amanda or Maya they could've gotten seriously injured, what if it was a member of staff?"

"Sorry, I thought it was safer than the paint cans"

"Paint cans?"

"Yeah, like in home alone"

His eyes goes wide "this isn't like your getting robbed Lucy, this isn't a nice thing to do. Go to your room"

"I'm sorry Daddy, I didn't mean for it to happen. I just need to do my homework, it's been 6hrs and they won't leave me alone"

"Well you got all the time to do it now, do not leave your room until I say so" he says sternly

I stay quiet and goes to my room, I didn't mean for it to happen. I certainly didn't mean for Daddy to get hurt. I get to my room and start on my homework. When I finish I put a record on and lay on my bed. It's been nearly 3hrs, I'm hungry. At least it's gonna be sweetcorn in the meal today.

"Lucy, dinner is done" Daddy calls, I remain still, not moving and I keep looking at the ceiling, he haven't actually said I can leave yet therefore I can't go downstairs even though I'm hungry. "Lucy I said dinner is done" he says walking into the room

"You never said I could leave my room though" I reply, still looking at the ceiling

I hear him sigh "you can leave your room"

I get downstairs and sits down, I look at my plate in horror "Where's the sweetcorn?"

"You can't get away with what you've done today"

"So you've taken the sweetcorn off me, I already said I was sorry. Can't believe I'm getting punished for wanting to do my homework"

"Lucy please just eat your food"

Michael's POV:

I can't believe Lucy would do that, someone could've got seriously hurt. I know the twins are being clingy to her and want her attention all the time but that isn't the answer of how to deal with it. Maybe not doing sweetcorn was stupid and a bit ott but I can't let her think it's ok to do that and I know in 10yrs time I'd be laughing when this story get told but we aren't in the future yet.

"Daddy is it ice cream for dessert?" Amanda smiles

"It sure is" I smile back and the chefs comes in to take the plates away

"What ice cream would you guys like?" Jeff asks

"Chocolate"

"Raspberry"

"None thank you"

"Ok and for you Michael?"

"Vanilla please" he nods ok and leaves "Lucy if you're not having any then back to your room please"

She looks at me thinking of something to say but she just gets up and leaves.

Lucy's POV:

I close my door and sit at my desk, I don't like this. It's actually my first time out, that's not the point. I don't like being ignored or I don't like people leaving the house after an argument or sleeping on an argument. Reason is because I watched a movie, this couple had an argument and one of them left the house to calm down, the next day the other came downstairs expecting the person to be back but he wasn't turns out he was in a car accident. You never know what can happen, I'm scared to go through what that person in the movie did, it's hard to grieve. I do some drawings then I get into bed and watch Peter Pan.

8:30pm

"It's bedtime now" Daddy says coming into the room

I turn the tv off and lay down, Daddy comes over and tucks me in then gives me a kiss "you're allowed out of your room tomorrow but don't you ever do that again"

I nod ok and he walks to the door "love you"

"Love you too"

He closes the door and leaves, he's still upset with me. I know he's talking but it's still not properly talking,  I get up and go to his room.

Michael's POV:

I get into bed and put the tv on, and I hear a knock and Lucy enters the room. "Hey, what's the matter?"

She comes over and climbs onto the bed and hugs me "I'm sorry about what I did"

"It's ok sweetie, don't do it again it was really dangerous"

"So you're talking to me again?" She asks looking up at me

"Of course I am, I never stopped"

She smiles and cuddles up to me then falls asleep, guess she's sleeping here tonight. I smile and gently move her to the other side of the bed and let her sleep.