chapter 32

Lucy's POV:

"Lucy wake up"

I wake up and look around "oh, sorry" I yawn and carry on filling in the maths work sheet.

I miss Daddy, cause of the timezones I haven't been able to speak to him much. It's been a month now and Elnora is still what I call quiet, Janet is picking me up at lunch cause she said I can join her for the afternoon in studio. I'm so excited cause I haven't actually seen an album in the making but I've seen all the things and what they do but never actually seen it in action. I get back to the house and get change out of my pj's, I go downstairs after I'm ready to get a drink and Elnora was sat on the table which no one uses eating, do I approach her? Do I acknowledge her but not up close? I don't know what to do so I stay focus on my drink, I want to talk to her so badly but I don't know how to be around quiet people. I wash my glass and Janet arrives so I leave.

"How's Brooklyn?" Janet smiles

"She's good" I smile back

"Good good, have you heard from your father?"

"2 days ago, for a few minutes. The time zones are really annoying this time"

"I know, he'll be home soon"

I hope soon will hurry up, or at least time where I can have a phone call longer than a few minutes.

Elnora's POV:

I need to introduce myself, I'm Elnora Katherine-Faye Jackson-Gordan, long name especially with the two double barrels. I look like a mini version of my mom, literally identical that photos of my mom my age could be palmed off as me and no one would know. I look nothing like my dad, except when I'm angry, I sadly got major anger issues which I inherited from him. I love my mom and I really hate it when I get angry cause I can't stop it, meaning my mom always got the backlash from it. It calms down and turns into tears but I can't control it meaning I can't make the tears come quicker. I've grown up mostly in new york with my grandparents, dad's parents. I haven't met any of my family on mom's side until a month ago. My dad is a horrible person, trust me by horrible I really mean horrible. He's connected to the mafia, he would beat mom. Never knew I witnessed it but I did, I witnessed it regularly. The next day I would get told mom fell over or an intruder broke in. Back to the mafia, he got people killed. I didn't discover this until I went to him about some teenager being horrible to me in school, dad told me that he won't be horrible again and he'll be sorry. The following day that teenager turned up in crutches and a bruised up face, I got home and heard dad telling the story to his friends of getting it done. He loves me, you may think he don't, he never hurt me. Only once which was my fault, yet he spent months making it up and I forgave him that evening still haunts me along with another.

Flashback ~ 3 years ago

I sit on the top of the stairs listening to mom and dad arguing, it's about some money I think, I can't fully hear. I hear a loud thud which makes me jump,  I stand up and slowly walk downstairs, I reach the doorway and see mom getting up off the floor but dad pushes her back down.

"Stop it" mom says loudly

"No" dad yells

"You'll wake Elnora up!"

"If you shut up and do as I say then I won't!"

Mom gets up this time not getting pushed back, well she gets pushed back but she didn't fully fall. She's on he knees aka my height now. Dadd clinches his fist and pulls it back, I've seen this in movies. 

"Daddy no!" I scream running in front of mom, too late. He couldn't stop in time and I ended up on the floor with very painful eye

End of flashback