chapter 8

June 26th 1992 ~ 2pm

Lucy's POV:

I'm in my room finishing a drawing for daddy, I made him a bracelet and a few drawings. I sure am gonna miss him, the time until the break will go fast right? I hope it will.

"sweetie are you coming down, your father is leaving in 15 minutes" aunt Jamet says walking into the room

"yeah, I was finishing my drawing" I smile and gets up then I grab the bracelet and other drawings. once I get downstairs I sit by daddy

"here you go daddy" I smile handing him them

"aww, thank you they're beautiful"

"I made the bracelet and I used red cause you like red"

"I love it, I will never take it off" he smiles and puts it on

Michael's POV:

the last of the things gets taken from the front door and I pick Lucy up, god this is so hard. she's only been here a month and I'm going off for ages, she had another nightmare last night so I really hope she'll be ok with Janet.

"I'm gonna miss you"

"I'm gonna miss you too" Lucy says hiding her face in my neck

"please don't go"

"I have to princess, I promise that I'll call everyday and that time will go fast"

when it gets to time to leave meaning putting Lucy down she tightens her grip

"c'mon Mike we gotta go" Frank says standing by the open door of the SUV

"one minute" I mouth and Janet comes closer to me

"princess you gotta get down now"

"no, I don't want you to leave me. please don't leave me daddy"

I feel tears on my neck which makes my eyes water up,

"I have to, I promise you'll be ok and if you're lucky Janet may give you extra cookies"

"maybe a whole meal to be just cookies" Janet says and Lucy loosens her grip and lets me put her down

"what about for dinner?" Lucy says

"maybe, if they're cooked and cooled down in time"

"Mike it's-"

"alright Frank, I'm coming" I say interrupting him and I say my goodbyes and the final hug to Lucy and I walk away which hurts a lot.

7:15pm

Janet's POV:

Lucy has been alright, thanks to make over 200 cookies. but it's getting closer to bedtime which means she'll think of Michael due to not being busy so her mind is free to think about him.

"daddy does the bunny knot too" Lucy smiles as I finish putting her bandage on, how can Michael do this? it broke my heart seeing her tiny wrists like that, I'm just so glad Michael saved her before anything bad happened to her.

"that's cause he taught me how to do them" I smile and then I get her a glass of milk before bed.

"brush your teeth whilst I do your water ok?" I say as she places the empty glass in the sink

"ok" Lucy smiles and skips off upstairs, I do her a glass of water and I walk upstairs and places it on her nightstand.

"ready for bed?" I smile and Lucy nods yes getting into bed followed by cat Lucy jumping up and curling up on the bottom of her bed.

"if you need me I'm 2 doors down ok?"

"ok, night Janet I love you"

"I love you too" I smile and hugs her kissing her forehead and leaving the room.

June 25th ~ 2:27am

Lucy's POV:

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling, I really miss Daddy lots. every time I try closing my eyes that day with Jordan replays along with my parents, I get up and sneak down the corridor with my plushie and doll signed by daddy in my hands as I approach Daddy's room

"please be unlocked" I say whilst placing a hand on the handle, I let oit a sigh of relief as it opens and I close the door so it's open a tiny bit. I pull the blanket back and before I get into bed I remember one window has lights from the fairground that shines in so I go and open the curtains half way on that window then me being me had to go and some how fall over one of his button ups shirts. I pick it up and it has Daddy's scent so I take it to bed with me and I climb into bed which is even bigger than mine and is gold so I feel like a princess. I hold Daddy's top and mentally plays his songs so I can stop the bad things and it works, I lay there and close my eyes refusing to let them hoping I'll fall asleep soon.