29

Ahem. Angst almost done I swear. ♥️

Why did I do that? Why'd I say that? I fucked up so bad. How can I fix this?

I was hysterically crying I didn't even notice Mina called.

When I willed myself to calm down I looked at my phone, hoping it was Bakugou so we could talk.

I was disappointed it wasn't him, but I returned Mina's call. When she picked up she sounded frantic. "Oh my God Uraraka! Are you okay? We heard yelling and went to go find you only to see you bolt while crying and Bakugou was stalking away with tears in his eyes. Tears! He never cries."

I sniffled and Mina heard it. "Hey Uraraka. It's going to be okay. Where are you?"

"I'm so sorry Mina. Deku cornered me tonight and I told him that I don't love him anymore. I told him I forgave him. But it got all fucked up when Bakugou started assuming I still had feelings for Deku. I told him so many times that it wasn't true. He even said he thought I was cheating on him with Deku."

Mina gasped.

"He didn't believe me when I told him none of that was true. He told me he didn't trust me. He yelled at me to ask Deku to walk me him and I just lost it. Mina... I fucked up so bad."

"What else happened?"

"I told him Deku would be more than happy to walk me home. And that I hated him... I don't know how to fix this."

"That explains it then. Hold on. I'm putting Kiri on the phone."

"Uraraka?" Kiri asked.

"Yeah..."

"I heard what you said to Mina. Sorry I wasn't intentionally eavesdropping. Bakugou isn't at home and I was worried. When I came into Mina's room you were on speaker."

"Oh..."

"Hold on I just got a text. Oh shit, um apparently he's at his parents house."

"..."

"Uraraka?"

"Yeah..."

"He doesn't want to talk to anyone. He just told me to leave him the fuck alone after finally answering my fiftyeth text."

"Great... Hey Kiri?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't know how to fix this. You've been friends with him the longest. What do I do?"

He sighed. "Nothing. I'll keep bothering him, but if you do it, I'm scared he'll never come back from his parents house."

"Oh... Okay..."

"But you can work through your emotions. If you need anything, we're all here. And we still have rehearsal tomorrow so see you then?"

"Yeah. He won't come will he?"

"Probably not. But, listen Uraraka, he's got his own shit to unpack. He'll come back once he's processed it."

"Okay. Can I talk to Mina?"

"Yeah."

"Uraraka! I'm so sorry this is happening. I wish I could help more. I have some ideas, but it'll take some convincing of other people. I'll tell you tomorrow. Kay?"

"Sure."

"Uraraka, you're both going to get through this. It's going to be okay."

"Thanks." I hung up the phone.

I cried myself to sleep.

The next morning when I woke up, I didn't feel rested at all. But I did my best to wake myself up. I made coffee and took a hot shower.

When my phone dinged from a text my heart pounded in my chest with anxiety.

Was it Katsuki? Did he realize it was all a big misunderstanding? Could we talk?

My heart fell when I saw it was Mina.

Mina: I know you probably don't want to leave your apartment, but you promised you'd come to rehearsal today. 🙏

Uraraka: I'm up. I'll be there. Anything from Katsuki?

Mina: Sorry Chaks no word. Complete radio silence. He didn't even come to the apartment for clothes.

Uraraka: Oh okay. What about classes?

Mina: Kiri said he didn't see him.

Uraraka: Oh.

Mina: I'm sorry. Wish I had better news. But we can talk about my ideas later.

Uraraka: Alright. I'll see you later.

I put down my phone with a heavy sigh. This was going to suck. Sad as I was, I kept my promises. I was not going to bail on rehearsal.

So I put my metaphorical big girl pants on and grabbed my things so I could leave my apartment. I popped in a pair of headphones and started my walk listening to music.

When I realized that the playlist I was on made me feel worse, I tried a different one, and then another, and another. Soon, it dawned on me that none of this would help the pit growing in my stomach. I took out my headphones and walked in silence.

This is bad. I don't remember the last time I was so sad I couldn't listen to music at all... I thought.

"Fuck."

When I finally arrived at the rehearsal space I was all out of energy. Opening the doors, I walked in and promptly sat down. My friends looked over at me both in shock that I actually showed up and with intense amounts of pity in their eyes.

This was absolutely not what I needed right now...

Mina walked over to me hesitantly offering me some chocolate. Which I took and said "Thank you." Chocolate could make me feel better, right? I took a bite.

Nope.

I assume he was tired of the silence lingering in the rehearsal space so Kiri cleared his throat awkwardly. "Uraraka, if you don't feel like rehearsing today we could just uh... Relax?" He said or asked not entirely sure which.

I frownes at him. Or maybe frowned more? Was I already frowning? "I'm sorry. I try and keep my promises, but today I don't think it's in the cards for me."

"We get it. Why don't we just talk?"

"Sure."

"Mina mentioned something about a plan?" Kiri turned to Mina to see if she did in fact, actually, have a plan.

She nodded and moved herself closer to me. "I do actually have a plan. I know you're going to hate it, but I think we need to get Deku involved."

"No."

"But... Hear me out please?"

"Fine. But I don't want to talk to him. Is that okay?"

"Yes. So I think it's safe to say, Bakugou won't listen to you when you tell him you're done with Deku. Your fight from the other night and the one from last night pretty much answered that. And somewhere in his mind, he believes he's right that you're somehow, with your non existent free time, sneaking around with him right?"

"Yeah."

"So my plan is to go to the source and talk to Deku. See if he'll talk to Bakugou. Maybe someone who's known him an extremely long time, can get through to him."

"Okay maybe, but..."

"But nothing! We have to at least try! I can't take how sad you are right now and how sad he must be. You are our friends and we really care about you. We can fix this."

"If it makes you feel any better, I'll go with." Kiri chimed in. "Have some faith!"

"I guess it's worth a try. Thank you guys."