4

Wish You Well by Pvris

As the weeks pass we work on more songs. I get to really feel like a part of the squad. I try not to be late to every practice. Bakugou continues to yell at me when I am late, but the rest of the squad backs me up. After all work is different than class and school. 

When we hit the last week before the show we had one more song to work on.

"Alright guys, I wrote these lyrics a while ago, but they're finally finished. I was thinking we could make this an upbeat sad song like 'Misery' by Maroon 5." I tell the group.

"Okay let's see the lyrics!" Kaminari happily asks.

"Wow you sure this should be upbeat?" Kirishima asks.

"I think it'll give it more of an impact." I say.

"Okay. Let's try it." Bakugou tells us. "I think it should pick up with a fun sound around the pre chorus."

"I like that idea." I say to him.

He nods his head and I start singing the melody I was thinking. I hit the pre chorus.

"I wish you well,

I wish you more than you deserve.
I wish you well
I hope the next one doesn't hurt.
I know one day you'll learn to face the things that turned you heart to stone.
Couldn't save you, I don't blame you
We just have to let it go."

"I like that, but can we add some strong bass?" Kaminari asks.

"I think that's great! Do you have anything in mind?" I ask.

"Yeah I actually do." He plays it for us.

"Nice bro! That sounds great!" Kirishima yells.

"And we can add backup singing later!" Mina chimes in.

"Let's try it again?" I ask.

Bakugou nods.

After a few hours of practice we settle on how we think the song should go. Bakugou didn't say much and I was a little worried.

"Hey Bakugou?" I ask walking over to him as the other were chatting happily and putting away their instruments.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"You seem quiet today. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fucking fantastic!"

"Um... Okay. Because if you're not, you can talk to me. Or just angrily brood by yourself. It's your choice. Just wanted to check on you." I wave it off as me being overly concerned.

"I'm fine, Pink Cheeks, but I appreciate you checking." He mumbles almost inaudibly.

I turn and smile at him. "Anytime."

He lets out a "Tch."

"Everything okay Uraraka?" Mina asks.

"Yup. Just checking on Bakugou. He seems more grumpy than usual if that's even possible."

"Ooh. Yeah he's fine. His parents can't make it this weekend. They suddenly got super busy. He just found out. He pretends he doesn't care, but he actually does." Kiri explains.

"Oh."

"Don't worry Uraraka." Kaminari chimes in.

Mina nods her head in agreement.

"Oi! Pink..." Mina turns around in response.

"Cheeks..." Bakugou continues.

I turn around. "That's still so confusing." I mention.

"Yeah Bakugou! Two Pink nicknames just don't work!" Mina states.

"Fine, but she won't fucking let me call her any of the other names I came up with!" He yelled exasperated.

"Cheeks is fine I guess!" I yell in response.

"Whatever. Cheeks come over here!"

"Yeah yeah I'm coming." I wave to the others as they start to leave.

"See you later Bakubro!" Kiri yells as he leaves with the others.

"What's up Bakugou?" I ask.

"Did those idiots tell you?"

"I don't know what you mean?" I lied.

"You're a terrible fucking liar Cheeks."

"I know. So they told me. What's bad about that? I was curious and worried."

"They talk too much sometimes. I swear I don't know why I tell them anything."

I giggle. "Because they're your friends and they care no matter how rude you are to them."

He glares at me, even though he knew I was right. "Whatever. You can go now."

"That's all?" I ask. "You're so weird Bakugou." I smile at him.

"Shut up. I'm amazing!"

I laugh at his response.

"Well goodnight then Bakugou."

"Yeah goodnight."

With that I grab my things and head out. Wondering if that really was all he wanted.

As the cool night air hit my face , I stretched before heading home. I called my parents to see if they'd be free this weekend. And of course they weren't, but I wanted to ask anyway. They'd have been hurt if I didn't.

Sighing after my phone call. I realized this is probably how Bakugou was feeling. "I hope he's okay."

When I reached my dark apartment, I sighed again. Part of me missed being at home. And surely I'd save money, but I needed to be away from my parents at some point.

When I first got the apartment, I wasn't in it often. I was always at Deku's or Momo's. When everything happened, I finally really stayed at my apartment. It was depressing. I felt alone and sad. I longed to be home, but I knew I had to work through this by myself.

I took time off from work and wallowed for a few days. I ordered junk food and watched sad movies. I wrote new lyrics, even though I didn't have a band anymore.

Eventually the lyrics I was writing became my lifeline to normalcy. I went back to work and in my freetime I decorated my apartment. Made it feel more like home. After that I decided to look for a new band.

Finally I'd found The Bakusquad. They really saved me quite a bit. I felt like I belonged somewhere again. Somewhere that was mine, not Deku's, and not my parents'.

This band was my fresh start. They meant so much more to me than they knew. Eventually I'd tell them. Just not yet.

I got ready for bed and set my alarm. The rest of the week was going to be crazy. And if Bakugou was going to act the same was he did today, every day was going to be rough.

I closed my eyes and was enveloped in sleep.