13

Things Are Better (alt version) by Pvris.

After dinner, we pack our things up and head to the club. Sero walked us around towards the backstage area and said, "I'll check you guys in. Go get ready and let me know if you need anything."

We all nod. I was pretty grateful we didn't have to push through a crowd yet. It made me and Bakugou less tense. One day I'd have to ask him about his aversion to crowds.

We decided on a spot in the far corner to put everything down and get prepared. Other bands would be showing up soon and we were luckily the first there. The guys tuned their instruments and Mina and I chatted. The drum set was on stage already as everyone would be using it tonight. And Mina didn't have to tune. She'd just need to set up when we got onstage.

"When are we going on?" I ask.

"We're last tonight." Bakugou says.

"Oh. Did we want to stay back here the whole time then?"

"Maybe."

We start hearing other voices of groups coming back.

Maybe we'd get time to make friends with some of the other bands. That'd be fun. That thought was short lived because the next thing I heard was.

"Kacchan!"

Bakugou and I say almost in unison, "Fuck."

"Go away Nerd!" Bakugou yells hoping to keep Deku away.

I assume it worked because he didn't come over.

"What's that guys deal?" Kiri asks.

"Fucking nerd still thinks we're friends or some shit. We haven't been friends in a long time. But he still insists on bugging me whenever he can."

"He wants to be friends with everyone, even if they don't want to be friends with him." I add.

"That's two shows in row we've run into them. They must be pretty popular." Kaminari muses.

"Maybe, but I didn't really like them too much the first time." Mina shrugs.

"I wasn't paying attention when they were playing before so I don't really have an opinion." I state.

"I guess we have to pay attention then this time." Kiri points out.

"Tch. Fine." Bakugou replies.

The night starts off with Deku's new band. I had to admit, their music was catchy. I really liked the singers voice too. I think they said her name was Jirou?

Then a few other bands played. All of them were pretty good. When it came time for us to play we tried our best to hype each other up.

When we started playing we realized that the audience really seemed to enjoy our songs. We had so much fun with them because they were mostly upbeat. It helped that the crowd was so receptive too.

Then it was time for the last song.

"Hey guys! Our last song of the night is called Things Are Better!" I yelled.

"You loved me suffering
But I could take the pain
Sorry, I broke the chain.
Hate to tell you things are better."

We had so much fun jumping around and jamming out.

After our set we hung out by the bar pulled back from the crowd because honestly, we were tired. We needed to recouperate after. It was probably our most energetic set so far. The plan was to relax for a bit and then start enjoying ourselves.