17

Later on that day I get a text from Mina.

Mina: So... Did he ask you out officially? Did you two bone last night? I need details Chaks!

Uraraka: Yes he asked and it's official now. And no. We didn't. We both agreed it'd be better if we weren't drunk. Well mainly me being drunk.

Mina: 😍😍 proud of you!

Uraraka: Why?

Mina: For moving on and finally making a move.

Uraraka: Thanks I guess... I'm proud of you too for finally getting with Kiri! 👍

Mina: All thanks to your push at the bar. Literally.

Uraraka: Haha 😅 yeah it worked though.

Mina: True. Really though, thank you.

Uraraka: Anytime!

Mina: I'll let you go. I bet you're writing some song and I don't want to keep you.

Uraraka: Thank you! And I'm writing at least parts of one. 😁

With most of my day to myself I worked on songs, cleaned, and did other things around the apartment. When my phone dinged in the evening I smiled seeing Bakugou's name pop up. Unlocking my phone, I read his text.

Bakugou: Let's go on a date.

Uraraka: Definitely! When?

Bakugou: When are you free?

Uraraka: You mean you don't have my schedule memorized yet. 😜

Bakugou: Tch no. How about after rehearsal one night this week?

Uraraka: Sounds good, but not too late okay? I usually have work early in the morning.

Bakugou: Duh. 🙄 How about Friday?

Uraraka: That works. What do you have in mind?

Bakugou: Not sure yet. Maybe we can decide on something later?

Uraraka: Okay that works for me.

Bakugou: Good. I'll see you at rehearsal tomorrow.

Uraraka: Yup!

When I put my phone down I smiled. It was nice we were planning an actual date and not just hanging out after rehearsal. Thinking about the week to come, I started to make lunch for the week as well as dinner for myself.

When all was said and done, I was prepared for the week. I ended up cleaning more, taking a quick shower, and then finally heading to bed.

When my alarm rang the next morning, I woke surprisingly well rested. I got ready for the day and even remembered to pack my phone charger. Since the 2AM movie night incident I'd started to bring my charger with me everywhere. Just to be safe.

My work day flew by and soon enough, I was heading to rehearsal.

Things were pretty much the same. Bakugou yelled at everyone for being late, when we were really on time. We went over some of our songs and jammed a bit.

When we were done, Bakugou offered to walk me home.

"So... How was your day?" I ask.

"Good. Simple. I was thinking about you." He replied.

I smile. "I was thinking about you too."

"Hey." He said pulling me to a stop.

"Yeah?" I turn towards him.

He takes that moment to pull me into a kiss. When we break apart he lets out a sigh. "I wanted to do that earlier, but I wasn't sure of your stance on pda."

"I am okay with it to a point." I respond. "I don't want to be making out in front of our friends or anything. That makes me feel like I'm being rude, plus I want to keep that for our alone time."

"Good to know." He says smirking. Then he starts walking again. I grab his hand and walk with him.

"So about this date on Friday..."

"Did you have any idea of what you wanted?"

"Not really. Food for sure, but I don't want to go somewhere fancy."

"What if I cooked?"

"Wouldn't everyone bombard our date then because they love your cooking?"

"Tch. Those fuckers would know better! I can kick them out for the night or make them stay in a different area. It'd be after rehearsal anyway."

I laugh a bit. "Okay. That works then. Maybe I should tell them though. They are more likely to agree to my terms than yours."

"Tch. Whatever..."

"You know I'm right."

I can practically hear his eye roll. Which makes me start laughing hysterically.

"Oi! What's so fucking funny?"

Between laughs I weez, "I could hear your eye roll without looking and my imaginary you rolling your eyes is hilarious."

"Weirdo."

"Takes one to know one."

He starts laughing a bit with me.

We turn the corner to my apartment. "Thank you for walking me as always Bakugou."

"Anytime." He pulls me close and kisses me again.

I melt into him and savor the kiss.

When we break apart I ask, "Will you let me know when you get home?"

"Of course."

"Okay then." I pull him to me and give him another kiss. "See you tomorrow."

"Yeah. Night Uraraka."

I unlock my door and walk in. "Goodnight Bakugou."

He turns after I'm safely inside and heads home.

When my phone dings a few minutes later I pull it out of my pocket.

Mina: Soooo...

Uraraka: What?

Mina: When's your first date?

Uraraka: Friday.

Mina: Have you picked something out to wear? Where are you going? What's the plan?

Uraraka: Wow okay chill. I just got home so no I haven't picked something out. He's cooking me dinner at your place. I'm going to need you guys to not bug us. If you and Kiri didn't live in the same house I'd ask if you could go to his place or vice versa.

Mina: He and I could always go out. Kaminari has a date that night so we can be nice and leave you two alone for a while.

Uraraka: Thank you!

Mina: No problem babe! See you tomorrow!

Uraraka: Night! See you tomorrow!

As I go to put away my phone again I get a text from Bakugou.

Bakugou: I just got home.

Uraraka: 👍 Night!

Bakugou: Night.

With that I get ready for bed. I decide to leave picking out an outfit for later in the week.