22

After my phone call with Tsu I sat down and finished a song. I was so excited and proud of myself for finishing this one. It had been a long time coming.

I'd started the song in the throws of my own dark depression, feeling like there was no one I could trust. No one to talk to fully alone. Nothing had made me happy, it was like breathing had been a chore. Trying to open my eyes or get out of bed felt like the most impossible thing.

I'd hated myself, hated life, everything. From this place the only thing I could get myself to do was write. I didn't even go to work. I'd barely eaten. My parents had been so worried, but I didn't want to burden them with what was going on.

When I'd finally woken up from the endless abyss, my parents had shown up at my apartment. Someone had told them what happened, or at least part of it, and they'd dropped everything to help me.

My parents brought me home for a few days, made me food, and cheered me up to the best of their abilities. When I was ready to go back to work, they'd been so proud of me. I told them I'd be back at my apartment and promised to stop by the house or call if I needed anything.

Things were back to business as usual. Then I saw a sign asking for a singer/songwriter. I'd auditioned for the band and didn't feel like I fit. Then I'd gotten the itch to find a new group, get back to what I loved. It took a while, but then the fateful day had come when I met the Bakusquad.

Looking back on my journey so far, I was proud of myself. Yeah we'd had a few hiccups, my relationship wasn't perfect, but we could work through them. That night I called Bakugou to see if he was free. He needed to study for an exam, but promised he'd be free the next night and asked me to come over.

After work that day, I grabbed my things and headed to Bakugou's place. Floating on a happy cloud, I knocked on the door.

A blonde opened the door, but not the one I'd been there for. "Oh hey Uraraka! Bakugou's in his room." Kaminari said.

"Thanks Kami! Are you heading out?" I ask looking at his outfit.

"Yes. I've got a date. She's coming here to meet me. I wanted to be at the door so that no one would interrogate her."

"I see. Well, I hope you have a good night. And don't forget, we all do really want to meet her. You talk about her with such love."

He blushes. "Don't tell her that."

"Why not? She deserves to know."

"This is why you guys haven't met her yet. I'll tell her how I really feel in my own time. Don't need you or Mina blurting it out."

"Hey! Kiri could do it too you know, just because we're girls doesn't mean we are the only ones who gossip."

"Fine fine. This whole house is full of equal opportunity gossips, except Bakugou."

"There you go. I'll see you later." I push past him and go to Bakugou's room.

I knock on the door because I know barging in, even though it's me, would not be the best way to start the evening.

He opens it, sees me, and pulls me in before closing the door quickly.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"Tch, no I just don't want the idiots to know you're here. We won't get any time alone." He replies.

"Ah."

"You sounded super excited on the phone the other night. What's up?"

"I finished a new song!"

"Oh really? Let me guess, another song about stupid fucking Deku?!"

"No it's not. What's your obsession with Deku anyway?"

"My obsession? MY obsession?! You've got to be fucking kidding me. It's you who's always writing songs about him, introducing us to places he introduced you to. It's like Deku central and he's not even fucking here!"

"Bakugou, this is a small area, of course all of the good food places I know are somehow related to him. Again, there's no possible way that your exes aren't linked to plenty of places we go!"

"There is! Because I don't have serious relationships. Sure I've taken girls out places, but half the time I don't even remember who it was I was at a place with. For you it's always fucking Deku!"

"Well excuse me for being in a long term relationship with someone and having memories almost everywhere I go! I don't bring them up half the time. You do! Or you just assume because I've been somewhere it was with him!"

"It's literally always him Uraraka! When. I ask, you tell me I'm right. You've been everywhere with that little shit!"

"Well what do you expect me to do, move? And stop asking if I've been places with him because I'm there trying to make memories with YOU!"

"You're just deciding to override the memories you had with someone shiny and new. I don't appreciate being the extra!"

"You're not an extra Bakugou! How many times do I have to tell you that I want you, for you to believe me? I'm so tired of you bringing him up! You're an adult! Start acting like one! If I didn't want you I wouldn't fucking be here!"

"Tch, sure you'd find someone else to pine over Deku with. But hey at least you're getting laid right?"

"That is such bullshit Bakugou! I don't go around sleeping with random guys. I'm not one of those girls who thinks to get over someone you need to get under someone else! I chose you, I chose to be with you!"

"Well maybe you chose to be with me because of my connection to Deku."

"You know what Bakugou, I was excited to share my new song with you! I was excited to share it with you first, but you're clearly in no place to do that with me. I'm gonna go."

I opened the door to his room and walked out. I had hoped he come out and apologize, but that was some ridiculous hope. He wouldn't come after me. This wasn't some cheesy romance novel. I opened the apartment door and slammed it on my way out.

As I walked home furious, I texted the band. Letting them know I'd written a song. Then I texted Mina and apologized for slamming the door. She hadn't even noticed.

When I got home, I threw my things on the floor and flopped onto my bed. Furious at myself for not trying to talk more, but also furious at Bakugou for not listening. I started to wonder if he even actually cared.

I knew where I was, but I had no clue where he was in the relationship. The ghost of Deku stuck around in my relationship. I wish I could just shove him away. Whatever it was with Bakugou and Deku, Bakugou needed to sort it out. He was the one with the ghost, I was the one in the middle of whatever their beef was.