14

We try and fight through the crowd of dancing people, but I almost fall as someone bumps into me. Bakugou notices and grabs my hand, leading us outside.

When we make it out, he's still holding my hand.

I realize that it feels nice and somewhat comforting. The thought pops into my head and I feel a small blush forming on my face.

I look over at him and smile as we settle into another one of our comfortable silences. I don't know what it is about him, he just makes me feel calm when we're like this. Yeah we joke and have great banter, but it's rare to also feel so comfortable and calm. A little nervous too, but maybe I notice the nerves less when it's like this.

When he realizes that he's still holding my hand, he lets go, but doesn't move away. I look over again and I can see a blush creeping up his face.

"This is nice Bakugou. Thank you for everything today. I don't know how I would have dealt with that without your help. I'd probably still be in there arguing or maybe I'd have gotten kicked out for punching him." I say.

"That would have been something..." He muses and seems to be lost in thought. Snapping out of whatever it was he states, "It's fine, Cheeks. You needed help. I was glad to be there to take care of it."

"You're a good person. How you're single is beyond me."

"Tch. You know damn well why I'm still single."

"Do I?" I ask playfully.

He looks at me catching on to my teasing and rolls his eyes.

"Eh. You just need someone who can be comfortable with who you are. I think the grumpy asshole persona is a bit of a defense mechanism."

"Geez Cheeks, looks like you're not as dumb as you pretend to be."

"Hey I'm not dumb and I definitely don't act dumb. I'm just... dense sometimes, I guess."

He laughs. "I'm just fucking with you."

I turn at him and pointedly roll my eyes. "Whatever..."

"Tch. Stealing my line now are we?"

"You wish! Whatever is just a statement of... I can't think of what it is... I'm too tipsy."

"You barely seem like it to me. If it weren't for the slight blush I wouldn't have noticed."

"Who says it's a blush due to the alcohol?"

"And what else would it be for?"

I realize what I started and decide I should probably not go there. "Very good point Bakugou. No other reason."

"Uh-huh."

"How are you sober?"

"I didn't drink as much as you guys did, obviously."

"Yes Bakugou, obviously. But why?"

"I don't like the feeling."

"What do you mean?"

"Being drunk, being out of control..."

"Oh. But would you really do something you didn't want to if you were drunk?"

"Not really the point Cheeks. Just don't like feeling so unable to control myself."

"What wouldn't you be able to control?"

"Why are you making this so difficult?"

"Why do you have to answer my question with a question?"

"..."

"Sorry, I know I shouldn't pry. I just feel like it's nice getting to know you and why you do the things you do."

"It's fine."

"Obviously not if you're so defensive about it."

"Whatever."

I yawn involuntarily. "Oh shoot! I didn't realize I was so tired."

"Want me to walk you back?"

"Please? Mina and Kiri are probably all over each other and I don't want to interrupt."

"Finally? Those idiots are so clueless."

"Oh my God, Bakugou you knew?!"

"Of course I did. I'm not a fucking idiot. I have eyes!"

I start laughing and soon he joins me as we start walking. "Your laugh is cute."

"Nah. I'm not cute."

"Lies! You are cute."

"Nope."

"Yup."

"Definitely not."

"Definitely are."

"Not cute."

"Then what are you?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? You can't tell me you don't realize how attractive you are."

He stops dead in his tracks and I run right into him.

"Ow! Bakugou, why'd you stop?"

"I... You... Never mind." He starts walking again and is silent.

It's silent for too long and not comfortably so. "Um... Bakugou, are you okay? Did I say something weird?"

He continues to walk and doesn't respond.

"Uraraka, I do know... I just didn't realize you noticed, I guess." He shrugs and scratches the back of his neck nervously. Or I assume it was nervously.

"What do you mean, Silly? Of course I noticed. I'm not blind you know! And what's with you actually using my name? I didn't realize you knew it."

"Ha ha. I know everyone's names I just don't like using them."

"Weirdo."

"Tch, you're one to talk."

I shove him playfully.

"Hey! What the fuck?"

I shrug and do it again.

"Really?"

"Why not?"

He shoves me back, a little harder than he should have considering I'm tipsy. As I start to fall, he catches me. "Shit! Sorry."

I look up at him and realize how close we are, again. His hands are around my waist and his face is inches away from mine. I look at his eyes and they're on my lips. Or at least, I think he's staring at my lips.

I bite my lip nervously and he starts to lean forward.

Before I could think too hard about it, I close the space between us and kiss him.

His hands travel up the small of my back and pull me closer to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and he bites my bottom lip. I let out a smal moan and move my hand to his hair, pulling it gently.

The sound that comes out of his mouth is a low growl or something close to that. I wanted to hear more. He pulls me in closer, if there even was a way to be closer, I don't know.

He bites my lip again and his tongue starts to explore my mouth. I was blissed out. Nothing could be as good as this kiss was. Not at the moment at least.

After what feels like quite a while, we break apart, gasping for air.