18

By the time Friday came around, I was extremely nervous. Yes Bakugou and I saw each other every day. Yes we hang out plenty. But we usually hang out with the rest of the squad. And this was a date. A real first date. And that made me so nervous I felt like I might puke.

Thankfully, we had rehearsal first, but that meant I'd have to get ready for our date before I went to work or at work. Neither of those were ideal choices.

When I woke up on Friday, I made sure to grab makeup and a change of clothes. I'd decided that I'd get ready at work or right after. I hoped that the day would be slow, but not too slow.

At work I did my usual things, made coffee, ate breakfast, went over paperwork. The day was as I'd hoped, reasonably slow. Busy enough to keep me from worrying too much about the date. But slow enough I could change and do my makeup.

When my shift finally ended, I double checked how I looked. My makeup was simple enough, but had a flair of what Mina had shown me. And my outfit was cute, but not too dressy.

As I left the office, I popped in a pair of earbuds and listened to some music on my way to rehearsal. As I was jamming out about a block from our rehearsal space, one of my earbuds was yanked out of my ear.

"Whatcha listening to?" Mina asked as she put the earbud in her own ear.

"My pump up playlist. It keeps me in a good headspace as I walk places." I reply.

"Ooh this is a good song Chaks!"

I smile at her.

"Ooh I see, you're nervous aren't you?" Mina asked studying my face.

"Maybe a little bit. It is our first date after all."

"You have nothing to worry about! Bakugou likes you and you're a couple now so relax!"

"I'll try."

"You look super cute by the way!"

"Thanks!"

"No problem! You ready for rehearsal?"

"Yup. That's the easy part of the night."

"You'll be fine." Mina opens the door for me as we get to the rehearsal space.

When I walk in, I notice we are the last two to arrive.

"Took you long enough." Bakugou grumbled before turning in my direction.

"We're on time Bakugou, chill." I say rolling my eyes.

"Tch. Let's start rehearsal." Is his reply.

I laughed a bit, knowing that was his only type of comeback. If I'd not been paying attention, I wouldn't have noticed the once over he gave me. At least I knew that he thought I looked cute.

With that we started rehearsal. We knew we had a month or so until our next gig, but we were ready to go already. We picked out set list and stuck to those songs at rehearsal. I hadn't fully written anything new, but that was okay for now.

When rehearsal came to an end I'd almost forgotten my nerves. Almost. As we packed up our things Kaminari rushed out the door.

"Bye guys! Don't wait up!" He yelled.

"Tch. Like we would." Bakugou grumbled.

"He's just excited! He seems to really like this girl. It'll be nice when we finally get to meet her." I said smiling.

"I agree!" Mina squeals.

"Okay. We're going to head out Bakubro! We've got a dinner date and so do you. Have fun!" Kiri said pulling Mina with him.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Mina yells.

I blush and watch as they leave.

"Ready?" Bakugou asks. I notice a bit of pink in his cheeks as well. He must have also been blushing.

I smile at him. "Yes. What're we having?"

"You'll see." He takes my hand and laces his in mine. Gently leading the way back to his apartment.

He opens the front door and turns on the lights. When we get to the kitchen he goes through the cabinet for ingredients.

"Can I help?" I ask.

"No. Sit." He replies.

"Fine." I pout and grab a seat. Then I watch him continue to get things together.

He gets to work on dinner. All the while, I watch him curiously. Wondering what we are eating.

"Are you going to tell me what we're eating?" I ask.

"Tch. You'll just have to wait. But in the meantime, taste this." He brings a spoon over to me and puts it up to my mouth. It looks like some sort of white sauce. Maybe for pasta.

I happily try some. "That's so good!" I say practically moaning with delight.

"Good."

I smile at him and watch him return to his cooking. "Other than dinner did you want to do something else tonight?"

"There's a few things I'd like to do."

"Like what?"

He moves the sauce off of a burner and walks back over to me. "This." His lips meet mine as he kisses me gently. "But food first."

As if on cue, my stomach growls. "I can agree with that."

"It'll be ready in a minute."

"Okay."

When he returns from the kitchen, he puts out a pot of spaghetti and the sauce he made. "Want something to drink?"

"Water?"

"Sure." He heads back into the kitchen and when he returns he's carrying two glasses of water. "Dig in."

I happily grab the plate in front of me and fill it with food. Bakugou does the same. We sit in comfortable silence eating.

"Bakugou, this is really delicious. How'd you know I like italian food?"

"Damn right it's good! And just a guess."

"Well you guessed right so that's a win!"

After we finish dinner I get up and start clearing the table.

"Oi! What are you doing?"

"Cleaning up Bakugou, what does it look like?"

"Tch. No you're not."

"Yes I am. You cooked and bought the ingredients. It's the least I can do."

"... Fine."

I help him clean and put away the leftovers. "Now what would you like to do?"

"I was thinking, we could watch a movie in my room?"

"Okay!"

We walk to his room and he turns on the TV. Sitting on the bed, he starts going through some options.

"Do you have something you want to watch?"

"I don't really care. Can we put on something we've both seen?"

"Why?"

"We might get... Distracted and it'd be easier not to care if we'd both seen it."

I could see the red in the tip of his ears. He was blushing. Even though he was turned away.

"You're cute."

"Am not!"

"You definitely are Bakugou. It's cute when you get all flushered."

He took that moment to get up. Pulling me towards him and kissing me. Then he slowly trailed the kisses towards my ear.

"Why would we turn on a movie if we have no intention of watching it?" He asked. Lips hovering over my ear.

A shiver rolled down my spine. I was for sure, blushing furiously. "You have a good point."