8

I turn to leave, but Deku is fast and grabs my wrist before I can.

Turning on my heels to face him I calmly ask, "What do you want?"

"I was watching you during our set and I wanted to warn you..." He looks at me with his eyes full of concern.

I roll my eyes. "About?"

"Kacchan, he's not a good person Uraraka."

"Wow and you think I'm going to take your word on it? He's been nice enough to me and was actually kind enough to help me ignore you."

Deku gives me a sad look. A long time ago, that would have broken my heart. But not today.

"Uraraka I thought we were still friends. I thought you'd be okay with me. I thought you'd still trust me when I tell you not to get involved with Kacchan."

I laugh angrily. "Deku, for the record, I never said I was okay with you. I will never forgive you for what you did to me. I thought my music was clear enough to show that. But since I need to reiterate it. We. Are. Not. Good. And we will never be. Understand?"

He looks at me more hurt than before. And opens his mouth to say something else. But I cut him off.

"Also, since we're talking about it, it's none of your business who I am friends with and you have absolutely no right to dictate that. We are done and we've been done for a long time Deku. So leave me alone!" I was seething with anger. His hand was still clutching my wrist.

I yanked it free and as he tried to grab it again I ran out of the venue angry almost beyond reason.

"Who the fuck does he think he is?!" I scream into the ether.

"Oi!" I turn to see Bakugou had run after me with the rest of the squad in tow.

Mina runs over to me and hugs me. Followed by Kirishima and Kaminari. The group hug calmed me down, a little.

"We saw you yelling and yanking your hand away from that guy and then you ran off. Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Mina asked inspecting me after the guys had moved back.

"I'm okay Mina. I'm sorry you guys had to witness that." I scratch the back of my neck nervously.

"What the fuck did Deku say to you that made you so pissed?" Bakugou says walking over to me.

I laugh. "He thought we could still be friends and came to warn me about you..."

"Huh? The fuck? I thought your feelings were pretty fucking clear. I mean you couldn't get away from him fast enough earlier."

"Exactly."

"Wait I think we missed something here. Who was that?" Kirishima asks.

"My ex and his new boyfriend..."

Kirishima, Mina, and Kaminari all look at each other understanding the situation more.

"New boyfriend? That dude left you for another dude?" Kaminari asks confused.

"Actually he cheated on my with that other dude." I correct.

"That's him? Wow I imagined he'd be way cuter. You deserve better." Mina chimes in.

The others nod in agreement.

"I-I'm sorry guys. I have to go home. I need to clear my head."

"That's okay Uraraka, we get it. We'll see you tomorrow?" Mina asks.

"For sure!"

"Oi, you're not walking by yourself." Bakugou states.

"Um okay... You walking with me then?" I ask.

"Yeah. Someone has to make sure you get home safely."

"Thanks."

"Lead the way then."

I start walking towards home. Bakugou silently walks with me.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Not really. Honestly I've already got some lyrics swirling in my head."

"So that's how you do it?"

"Yeah usually I write from my current emotions or maybe something past. I have some unfinished songs that I'm waiting on new inspiration for."

"If you ever want someone to look at them for you and get some input, let me know."

"Really?!"

"Yeah. Why the fuck would I be kidding?"

"I don't know... I just never pinned you for a lyricist."

"Tch. There's a lot about me you don't know Cheeks."

"Fair enough." We round the corner to my apartment. "And we're here. Thank you for walking me Bakugou."

"Yup. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow."

I open my door and head inside.

"Oh wait Bakugou!" I yell running back out.

He turns around. "Yeah?"

"Text me when you get back or have Mina do it. I want to make sure you're safe too!"

"Tch. Whatever."

He turns around and heads back. I go into my apartment and sit on the floor. "Alright. Let's get to work!"

I pull out my notebook and start to write the words coming from my mind. I get distracted by a ding coming from my phone.

When I pull it out I see there's a text from an unknown number.

???: Oi! Pinky gave my your number. I got back safe.

I quickly respond.

Uraraka: Thanks for letting me know. Goodnight!

I put his number into my phone and continue to write.

By the time I'm done I have about 3 new songs worth of lyrics.

"Nice Uraraka. Good work! Now time to go to bed." I smile at the work I've created and turn in for the night.

The next morning I wake up to a ton of missed calls from Deku... I promptly delete my call log and block his number. Why I didn't do that before, I don't know. Maybe I was hoping it wasn't necessary?

I roll out of my bed and hop in the shower. When I'm out, I have a text from Mina.

Mina: Meet at the apartment?

Uraraka: Sure. What time?

Mina: 20 minutes?

Uraraka: Okay. See you soon!

I put my phone down and pick through my clothes. Settling, on a pair of jeans and a comfy t-shirt.

I left the apartment ready to face the day.