𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉. 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦.

∞

2020. kth - 23. jjk - 18.

His heart was heavily thumping against his chest as Taehyung swung the door to the police station open. He could hear his pulse in his ear, it was roaring along with the rigorous vibrations shuddering through his veins.

Bursting through the double door, all heads inside the station turned towards him. He ignored all the looks he received, instead only focusing on scanning the entire interior for someone in particular.

"Sir, is there something-" An officer spoke, approaching the clearly visible disturbed male.

"Jeon Jeongguk, where is he?" The brunette snapped, his distress being reflected through his teary lenses. The officer simply took a step to the side, revealing a black-haired male sitting close to a desk behind him.

Jeongguk was blankly staring down at his cuffed hands. His usual passive and distant expression was painted across his face. Taehyung didn't waste another second, he marched up to the younger and grabbed onto his shoulder.

Yet the ravenette didn't even react, his gaze remained fixated down at the metal wrapped around his wrists.

His lack of reaction only caused the seed of doubt inside of Taehyung to grow, his throat had already run dry and it felt like he was swallowing sandpaper.

Despite the urge to claw and scratch the feeling away, Taehyung gulped down the lump of dust that had settled at the back of his mouth before opening it to speak.

"You..." His vocals broke, the pooling of tears that had assembled within his eyes spilled out, trickling down the soft red hue on his cheeks that he got from running. "Why are you here?"

Jeongguk's head dropped further down, his shoulders rising and falling as he took a deep breath.

"You know why, Hyung." He muttered, his voice still bearing that lifeless tone as if he didn't give a care in the world about his current situation. This was serious, he could go to prison.

And Taehyung smiled. He actually smiled, because of how ridiculous this whole thing was. How dumb, foolish, and completely stupid he was for trusting Jeongguk.

Everyone had been telling him not to, everyone. Yet he was the idiot who decided not to listen, thinking that no one knew Jeongguk like he did.

Only now did he realise that he was the one who knew Jeongguk the least out of them all. He has no idea who this man next to him is.

"Get up." Taehyung gritted through his clenched teeth, his grip around the younger's bicep tightened as he forcibly pushed him upwards. Jeongguk wore an unreadable expression. "I'll pay your bail, so we're leaving."

This seemed to trigger something within the other, as his brows shot up and lips parted.

"What? Hyung, no-"