𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉. 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴.

∞

2020. kth - 23. jjk - 18.

Taehyung had just finished setting the table when the doorbell rang. The brunette grinned, eyes gleaming with excitement as he took quick steps to the front door. His parents exchanged cautious glances while watching their son run past the kitchen.

"Hey," The older breathed out after opening the door, expression brightening when he saw Jeongguk wearing a casual dark-grey crewneck over a pair of light-washed loose jeans. It was a refreshing look after constantly seeing the younger dressed in black.

Taehyung couldn't stop the blush creeping at his cheeks once he realised that Jeongguk had dressed up for the occasion, he had put in effort.

"Hey." Jeongguk fidgeted awkwardly on the porch, fingers twisting his rings in a nervous habit. Taehyung let the younger through, stepping to the side to make space. Jeongguk walked in and proceeded to take his shoes off, showing the toe socks hugging his feet.

Suddenly, Jeongguk's cheeks flamed up as his feet shuffled backwards, in attempt on hiding the unique attire.

"I-I swear I don't have athlete's foot, I just find them.... comfortable." The boy lowered his head in shame. "Please understand." He asked in a small voice, and Taehyung almost cooed from how cute the teenager was acting.

"Don't worry about it, my dad wears them too." The older chuckled, patting Jeongguk on the arm before guiding him over to the kitchen. "Come say hi to everyone."

By walking in front of the other, Taehyung had failed to notice how Jeongguk wiped his sweaty palms against his jeans, nervously swallowing the lump lodged in his throat.

"Mom! Dad! Jeongguk's here." Taehyung exclaimed as they made it to the kitchen. The two boys appeared in the doorway, Jeongguk nervously shifting his weight between his feet behind the older. 

Taehyung's mother lay down the knife she had been cutting carrots with, she turned her head towards the teenager and gave him little nod in acknowledgement. 

"Hello Mrs Kim." Jeongguk said, voice a little brittle. "And Mr Kim." He added when Taehyung's father came in from the dining room, he gave the visitor a smile.

"Hey there, kid. Been a while since you've been here." Mr Kim said, keeping up the warm welcome. Taehyung was glad that his father was putting in effort. Meanwhile, his mother was pretty displeased when she heard that Taehyung had invited Jeongguk over. 

The ravenette quietly nodded, then nervously glanced over at Mrs Kim, who had already turned back around and returned to cutting up the carrots. Taehyung could sense the tension in the air, and cleared his throat to get everyone's attention.

"Is dinner ready? Should we sit?" He asks. His mother nodded and pointed at all the food that had to be carried out. Taehyung and Jeongguk took them and carried everything to the table.